Sunday, February 22, 2009

Friendship and Scraps...

I put together a couple of cards for two challenges. Hero Arts Weekly Challenge for friendship: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2009/02/16/motivation-monday-friendship-a-video/ and Godelieve posted a sunday scraps challenge on 2 Pea's: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2752494 .
Godelieve suggested a weekly challenge on Sundays to use up scraps. I have a ton of scraps from all my projects. I actually started from a couple of scraps (screen shadow background and butterfly) to make this card:
While making this card I tried something which I didn't like on the little card and ended up with another scrap! So I decided I must put that into a card as well otherwise I would not be using up my scraps.. So here is my second card.




Products:

  • Hero Arts Sparkle Design - Mini Messages
  • Hero Arts CardArt Thinking of You
  • Hero Arts Designblock - Wavy Leaf Pattern
  • Creative Beginnings - Light Pink Embossing Powder
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Basic Grey - eloquent stamp
  • Hero Arts - Screen Shadow
  • Amy Butler Lotus Floral Stamps
  • Memento - Rose Bud
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
  • Marvy Uchida Circle Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Scalloped Circle
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels

I also wanted to share that a few of my cards are out this month in the April issue of Crafts n Things. I sent them in a long time ago and they let me know they were going to be published, but it has been a long time to wait to see them in print. Very exciting for me. I also have a few other pending future issues.

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Beauties both, Suz, I LOVE that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Your scraps are so lovely!

    I see two stamps that I now want! The screen background and that awesome new silhouette...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your published works of art, Sue. I love both of these too! They are very delicate, feminine and so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Suzz...How Exciting...Love both of the cards here...just Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Sue! How exciting!! Wow, I love both of your card, they are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being published - please show us the cards they chose! Both these cards are gorgeous Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congrats on the Crafts N Things publicaton!
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!