Thursday, February 19, 2009

Friends...

This weeks challenge at Hero Arts is to create a card based on friendship. I have met so many wonderful friends online with my cardmaking. My card I made from the challenge is based on scraps that my on-line friend Jacqueline sent me. I was so excited as she sent me a package the other day and not only did she send me scraps, but she also sent me an ATC. Her ATC is so beautiful and lovely...


and here is my friendship card made from some of her scraps she sent to me...

She sent me the beautiful arch window and the butterflies are stamped on some pretty mauve patterned paper.

I used a new technique to make the window background. I have still to create some more pieces using this technique as I love the effect. The technique leaves your creation looking like spun suger.

Recipe for the Stained Glass:

  1. Spray Glimmer Mist on tissue paper. Completely cover the tissue paper with the colors desired.
  2. Dry the tissue paper. I used my heat gun and heated it up.
  3. Versamark the entire colored tissue paper and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
  4. This will create a stained glass effect.

I have also done this with white embossing a stamped image first and then spraying with the glimmer mist and embossing.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Long Branch
  • Hero Arts - Slanted Tree
  • Hero Arts - Artistic Butterflies
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Patina, Old Vine
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz




I included

8 comments:

  1. Sue, the arch card is just stunning! So happy you found some inspiration from my scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sue! They are stunning! You and Jacqueline are so good with the vintage photo card, such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vintage image is perfect for a friends theme. I like the tree branches through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty Suzz...Love the colors and the Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too am a fan of Jacqueline's wonderful creations, and you have done a great job of mimicing her style! Love the beautiful backround you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suzz! The stained glass window card is sooo pretty! I especially like how you used the new "slanted tree" stamp from Hero Arts. Gonna have to put that one on my wishlist! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the instructions for the stained glass effect, can't wait to try it. You created a beautiful card with Jacqueline's scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both techniques sound lovely and the card certainly is. I love the ATC too. Thank you for sharing how you did BGs. I am going to have to try those. I need to make some more backgrounds to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!