I have two posts today. :) One is for the Hero Arts Bash they are hosting with Operation Write Home. The party is over at the Hero Arts Flickr Group. There will be a variety of challenges and games with fun prizes from Hero Arts! The goal is to help out Operation Write Home. They send cards to our soldiers who can use them to send home. The challenges will run from today through Sunday.
Here are some of the details:
- Create a card and post it in the Hero Arts Flickr group.
- Include the tag “OWHbash” on each card you create and you’ll be entered for random prizes from Hero Arts!
- Link the card to the challenge thread that you are playing in.
- The deadline will be Sunday, September 12 at 11:59pm PST. Play anytime between Friday morning and Sunday night!
- Check back on Monday, September 13 for the prize announcements.
- Send your cards to Operation Write Home. Shipping information here: http://operationwritehome.org/mailroom
Keep the Operation Write Home guidelines in mind:
- No glitter. It can cause soldiers to be detectable in night vision.
- Standard size A2 cards are preferred (4.25 x 5.5”)
- If the card base is a dark color, please line the inside with light colored paper to make it easier for the troops to write in.
- Include the words “Operation Write Home” on the back of each card.
- More helpful information from OWH can be found at http://www.owhhomefrontblog.org/p/about-owh.html
Me and my fellow Apronettes are hosting a challenge called Resist and Distress. Pretty easy... All you have to do is create a card using a resist and distress it a little. :)
Here is my card for the Resist and Distress Challenge:
I hope to see you over there playing along in any of the challenges. It is going to be fun!