I started with creating a starfish shape. After a few sketches I decided to trace a circle from the bottom of my glass onto white cardstock. I free-handed a leg of the starfish. I used the starfish stamp and a real starfish (dried out) from the kids bathroom as my inspiration. After I had created one leg, I cut it out and used it to trace the outline on the circle five times. That became my template.
Here is the starfish:
- Cut out starfish shape.
- Stamp Image of the couple using brown pigment ink. Color using watercolor and distress edges with brown dye ink.
- Stamp multiple shells and sea creatures using brown pigment ink. Sponge with Scattered Straw Dye Ink. Sponge edges with brown dye ink.
- Stamp music using brown pigment ink repeatedly across starfish.
- Sponge gold dye ink across entire starfish.
- Sponge edges of starfish with brown dye ink. Sponge using sea sponge brown dye ink to add a texture.
- Add touches of light blue to starfish by coloring light blue and blending with waterbrush.
- Versamark all images and starfish and heat emboss using clear embossing powder. Repeat if needed to get smooth surface.
- Tie twine around surface of starfish.
- Layer couple in boat and other images onto starfish using pop dots and glue dots.
- Accent clams with light blue pearls.
I hope you enjoyed the little starfish!
Thanks for stopping by.. Have a wonderful weekend!