Saturday, June 4, 2011

CR84FN31 - Sew Fun


Sew happy you stopped by... (Excuse my  pun....:)  The Moxie Fab World Challenge is I'm sew excited which I combined with the beautiful CR84FN colors to create a vintage sewing card.


I started with some lovely Websters Pages papers for the background which were distressed with a little white acrylic paint and the Ranger distressing tool.

The background was stamped over using part of the beautiful new stamp plate from Chapel Road Artstamps Sew Much to Do .  I hadn't inked up the sewing image before and loved the graceful lines of the lady working away at her sewing machine. (A skill I definitely don't posses :)

Products: Websters Pages - Beautiful Life, Class Act - Chapel Road Artstamps - So Much to Do, Ranger Acrylic Snow Cap Dauber, Charm, Silk Ribbon, Rose - Recollections, Ranger Archival Ink - Black

The lovely CR84FN31 colors:
The photos are courtesy of Steve Steinhardt.

For all the details on the challenge this week go to the CR84FN blog. 

The CR84FN challenge is going to change up the time-frames for the challenge during the summer months.  We will be posting the challenges every two weeks and you get extra time to play along!

The fabulous CR84FN Design Team:

Deborah Frings * Sue Lelli  * Andrea Matthews *  Stephanie Kraft * Suzanne Czosek (me)  *  Heather Jensen * Mona Pendleton  * Lisa Somerville 

This week is Andrea's birthday!  Happy Happy Birthday Andrea!  I hope you have some inky time!


Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

31 comments:

  1. Such a fun card. Love all your layers and this color combo is great. Terrific image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with that lovely vintage image and the pretty embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that beautiful image you used and love that you stamped it on patterned paper. beautiful card, Sue! YUM! =) have a fabulous Sunday, my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the sweet vintage image. Have a good summer.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage card, love the sewing theme and the embellishments are fab. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol @ the awful pun. such a pretty card Sue. the pink and green shades are lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous!! Love all the details (including the scissors) - beautiful work Sue - another masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your vintage cards! I love the embellies on your bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne! This is AMAZING! You really work magic with vintage images!!! Love the scissors charm and beautiful rose!!! Stunning!
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it has to be said.. Your rocked these colors.. This card is wonderful..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, this card is sew gorgeous! Love the Vintage image ~ my Mom taught me how to sew on a Singer just like the one on your card!!! Love the beautiful bow and the tiny scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome card, Sue! And those little scissors are so wonderful! Love all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so gorgeous, Sue! Love all the fabulous details, the colors and of course the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love the distressing on the main image. I had fun with this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanne, your card is gorgeous. I love the colours, the doily behind your image and all the detail on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful vintage sewing image, she looks great with the Websters Pages! Love the ribbon and the added scissor charm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous vintage card, Suzanne! Beautiful elements and images! It is SEW very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty in these colors! love the vintage sewing images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vintage... I would totally frame that card if it were mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful, vintagey goodness, suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! I love that image and I have seen one of those IRL when I was little. I love how you aged the image. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Love the tucked doily and those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Lovely vintage card! Just love that fabulous image!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous! I just love that stamped image...it is so beautiful! The doily in the background is a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply GORGEOUS!!! Love the image you used and the vintage feel! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the vintage images, and this one really speaks to me since I have my grandmother's sewing machine that looks just like that...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowzers! This is Sew Fabulous! 8-) Love the dp's you chose and that wonderful Vintage image too! Love the whole thing!

    Hugs!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry I'm so late commenting!! This is just wonderful - full of shabby chic goodness. I love the image of the vintage sewing machine and the sweet butterflies. The scissors charm is just the perfect accent. It's a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. great card for the MFW challenge...love the tiny scissors charm!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!