Saturday, June 25, 2011

CR84FN32 Part II

I am enjoying being able to play twice with the same color samples for the CR84FN. Having the challenge for two weeks gives me a chance to try something different with my second card.


My first thought was to create yellow and green flowers using distress inks. I rooted around in my Hero Arts drawers and found this beautiful Garden Star Flower. I stamped the flower using black ink and sponged on the greens and yellow.  I cut them out and accented them with white gel pen.

The Butterfly was an afterthought and was stamped and colored using the sponged distress ink.



The verse is from Verses Rubber Stamps - Kiss of the Sun - QQ0386-E.

The lovely  CR84FN32  inspiration photos courtesy of Creative Mint:


For all the details on the challenge this week go to the CR84FN blog. 

This week Deborah and Mona,  and Heather are also sharing new cards using the colors, so stop by for some more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

24 comments:

  1. WoW Suzanne! What a gorgeous card! Those green flowers are STUNNING and I love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly Suzanne! Your card is PUR-TI-FUL!!! I love, love green and your beautiful flowers are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Suzz... your flowers are so pretty in the green and yellow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Suzanne - this is simply fabulous - I love those beautiful flowers, and the sentiment is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Suzanne! Those flowers pop off the card. I especially love the sweet butterfly. You know you can never have too many in my book. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is wonderful! It looks as though you could reach in a pluck those flowers right off that card!!! Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers look real! Beautiful card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These flowers look so real; absolutely fabulous!Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh--what a stunning card! I thought those flowers were attachments, due to your masterly coloring and shading! Just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! your colouring is superb :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about your card is fabulous.. Including the wonderful quote.. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous, love the addition of the butterfly. Hope that you had fun stamping with Lisa today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flowers and the butterfly is a terrific "after thought"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE LOVE it! I had a look at the bigger version, and thought: WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning card, Sue! Love the green flowers and the white accents you added.. Love the butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say it just jumps off the page at you! GORGEOUS! Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work takes my breath away ... so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luvin' these colors, what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love how these flowers and the butterfly turned out. The shading with the inks is just so pretty. Beautiful card Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne, those flowers are pure LOVLINESS and what a FAB afterthought that GORGEOUS butterfly is! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful fresh colours and that's a really lovely flower stamp. Stunning colouring on every element of the card.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeousness! wow! you are an amazing artist, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is so beautiful! You've really made these colors pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!