Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Memories & Hopes

I was digging through my scraps pile again and pulled out a few pieces to up-cycle into a new card using the Mojo Monday sketch #209. The Wee Memories challenge this week is to use your favorites and this card has quite a few of my favorites.... I love using butterflies, sentiments, distressing both with the tool and the sponge or paint...

The butterfly chipboard was on another project and was torn up and another color. I gave it a new coat of glimmer mist and sanded and painted on a little white paint. I created a coordinating panel in the background with a few other butterflies.  The center panel was another scrap form awhile ago and the stamps are from Elusive Images.  The Verse is from Verses Rubber Stamps - Bright Hopes Anniversary - MA0332-F.  The embossed panel was in the scrap pile as well. Pulled it out and sponged a little grey ink over the surface.

The rest was distressing, layering and sponging either paint or dye ink. :)

A little shabby chic card being sent off for an anniversary coming up next week.

Here is the wonderful sketch:

Hope your week is off to a good start....

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wish my scrap pile was as lovely as yours! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had beautiful scraps like these! Gorgeous card, Suzz - love the soft colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and made from scraps, WOW. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yet another stunner Suzz, beautifully put together and such delicate colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous purples! Love the flowers and the butterfly with the lace edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the shades of purple, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card my friend. I am luv'n that purple..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just grabbed a hot mocha, its raining outside and now I'm going to take a stroll through your lovely blog. Awe such a beautiful start! Gorgeous card Suz!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Suzz. Can I come raid your scrap bin? Amazing and of course it's PURPLE.... which I love so much. Thanks for sharing this little piece of magic with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Suzanne! Love the color combination and your take on the sketch. Kind of a frosted look to everything and it's very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue you can switch style with such consummate skill! This card is truly beautiful. Such a pretty combination of backgrounds and colour. My bits box never has such pretty matching pieces in it, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegantly delicious. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful shabby chic card! I am really appreciating this type of card more......they are just so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Sue! Love the layered butterflies and lovely quote. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your card is a piece of art!!
    It's so feminine and delicate and soft.
    Truly beautiful card and I love everything about it! Those Fabulous Butterflies are gorgeous, love the colours - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this to pieces! What a great choice of color, textures, and that lace with the butterflies, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!