Sunday, July 27, 2014

"J" is for....

J is for ?  The Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge this week is all about being inspired by the letter "J".   My tag became a  "Just in Time" project.

I was playing with a sherbert array of colors and painted them on my gelli plate to look like this:



I made about 3 backgrounds for this and then waited too long and my last sheet ended up sticking to my gelli plate.  I peeled it off and soaked my gelli plate to get it clean.  I decided I liked the torn texture on the background and used it as the base for my tag.

I laid the honeycomb stencil over the background and sponged on a layer of brown dye ink randomly over the surface.

I stamped the flower using black ink and colored with watercolor pencils.  I stamped the sentiment and ended up embossing it in black embossing powder.  I then stamped the flourishes around the edges along with pretty trim.  I highlighted everything with a touch of white gel pen. 

I stamped the butterflies on another scrap of the backround and colored them to coordinate.

Products: Wendy Vecchi - The BeautyTim Holtz Layering Stencil - Honeycomb,  Stampers Anonymous - Artful Artifacts, Ranger Archival Ink - Jet BlackStampers Anonymous - Butterflies & Moths , Memento Dye Ink - Black White Acrylic PaintSigno Uni-Ball White Gel Pen,
Black Embossing Powder, Ranger Distress Ink - Walnut Stain,  PearlsPaper Artsy Fresco Finish - JOFY PaperArtsy Fresco Finish - Eclectic, PaperArtsy Fresco Finish  Beach Hut,
Gelli Plate

For an opportunity to  win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher all you need to do is share your midsummer inspiration.  


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz



15 comments:

  1. Love this tag! The flower and the butterfly strike my eyes! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally gorgeous Suzz. Love it!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, Suzz! Love that you started out with a gelli print! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just proves what they say about "happy accidents". I really admire this, especially the tiny white bits and the fine scroll work on the top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background colors and patterns are awesome! Love your gorgeous tag, Suzz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag Suzanne! The subtle color palette looks splendid! Love the stenciled pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag! The background really is amazing. That pink is so pretty with the darker colors. Isn't it funny how projects become something unexpected? And just in time, too! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tag is gorgeous Sue! Love all the wonderful layers and flowers and words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool tag, Suzz! I love the texture and the layering :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Way to turn tragedy (stuck torn gelli plate paper) into triumph! I love how this turned out with the color palette and those great layers of pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty tag - I love the white highlights on the flower, really making it pop against that torn distressed print background - very cool.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great tag and I absolutely adore your background ~ it worked so well and was definitely a very "happy accident"! It's stunning Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so lovely - full of such gorgeous detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!