My photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Golden Girl

Due Dates is the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  You couldn't pick anything closer to my heart.  I loved checking books out at the library and of course that is what I thought of when I heard the words due date. That idea had me pulling out a pre-printed tag with a date column.  I created my layout inspired by the tag.


Once I decided on the tag the rest of the layout became a lovely set of neutrals including printing a sepia colored photo of my daughter.


I started this layout and worked on it over a period of 3 weeks.  In the meantime new stamps, stencils and sprays kept showing up and I kept adding them into my layout.
I love this stamp from Impression Obsession and it worked beautifully with the Sizzix Butterfly and my canvas tags.

I started with a sheet of white cardstock.  I stenciled the flourishes over the background using Wendy's White embossing paste.  I let it dry and sprayed a mix of Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Ranger Distress Stain Sprays over the background.

 I die cut flourishes and butterfly.  The butterfly got embossed with the typewriter letters and sponged with a touch of vintage photo. I stamped some sentiments form the new Prima Finnabair sets and used them to accent the layout.

Product:  Ranger Distress Stain Spray (Vintage Photo, Antique Linen), Sizzix Layered Butterfly Die & Embossing Folder, Graphic 45 Key Hole Staples, Prima Don't Forget to Fly Finnabair Stamps, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil, Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste, Memory Box - Elegant Scroll work Die, Ranger Archival Ink, Typewriter & Keyboard Texture Fades Embossing Folder, Flowers, Ranger Alcohol Ink - Butterscotch, TIm Holtz Compass Coins, Metal Knobs, Graphic 45 Ornate Key, Alcohol Blending Solution

The ever generous Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge. Hope you play along with us!


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Really stunning!!! Gorgeous background and such a wonderful combination f all the elements! Love this, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh meant to say still, I just love what you did with the large butterfly, such a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Suzz, adore the co,our, texture and design and I love the butterfly . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pic! The colors you picked out for the layout coordinate perfectly and I love the texture!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous layout, Suzz! love the vintage look with all the shades of brown! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I'd like to mention that even though we've never "met", I could tell right away that she was your daughter. She has your beautiful smile. :)

    I love this layout. You did a wonderful job of incorporating some of the library elements, yet maintaining a feminine, elegance. That's not easy to do! I like that quote too. I don't recall seeing it before.
    Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layout, so rich of details! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful layout, Suzz. I love the beautiful vintage color scheme and all the embellishments are fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Suzz ~ this is just so elegant and so beautiful! Every detail is just perfect and the photo of your daughter is just stunning! She's a real beauty... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous layout! As an eternal librarian myself, I had to smile at your inspiration! And what an absolutely sweet picture! I think it goes along so well with the quotes and the "fly" vibe. I probably couldn't do a decent layout if my life depended on it, but I sure admire the heck out of people that can and you are one of those people! Way to nail it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!