Friday, July 22, 2016

Golden Sea

Hi!  I have had a wonderful week playing with these projects.  I knew I wanted to do a second creation for A Vintage Journey's Monochromatic challenge.  I was thinking about what inspires me and decided on a golden color scheme.

I started pulling out all of my golden mediums (I had quite a few!)  and thought how could I incorporate all those beautiful golden textures and I thought of the Sea-Horse die and how splendiforous he would be in golden colors with golden textures.  He also is perfect for the Anything But Cute - Summertime Fun and the Mixed Media World MMW16# - Under  the Sea
I started creating lots of glittery golden textured sea-horses.  I began with a gold background on a journal page and inking up lace, ribbon and other bits.  I layered this all on the journal page.  As I was doing that I had this clear idea of a card that would be cleaner in design but use the same elements.

I used the vesafine toffee to stamp the beautiful sentiment and the script.   I then die cut the seaweed and sprayed with the gold die.  I sprinkled the Stampendous Gold Luxe Mix over a strip of glue I pooled on the paper. 

Then I continued on with my canvas.

(Click on this to see the details!)
Here is a close up of the sandy bottom.  I glued sand on the bottom and let that dry and then covered it in spray of gold ink. I mixed in some more Stampendous Luxe, golden shells and piles of more sand.

Products: Verses Rubber Stamps - Salt of the Ocean, Stampendous Gold Luxe, Heidi Swapp - Color Shine (Gold Lame), Rangers - Paint Gold, Recollections - Gold Embellishments, Yvonne Blair - Impression Obsession, Versafine - Toffee, Sizzix - Seahorse, Sizzix - Seaweed

I had such fun with this project although I am still sparkling from the glitter!

Have a beautiful day!

Suzz




24 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, love the opulent gold and shimmer. The seahorse is very very eye catching. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Suzz, both projects are stunning!! I love the gold, glittery seahorses - the card is beautifully opulent and the canvas is incredible. I love how you created the ocean floor, it really is worth clicking on the photo to see all the detail... wow!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute. Whilst I am here, thank you too for joining in our Monochromatic challenge at A Vintage Journey too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always show the neatest word stamps! I love these you have showed here. Your golden seahorse is glorious, I really like him and the seaweed, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, wow!! These are absolutely stunning!! Both projects are spectacular!! I love the beautiful seahorses...they're the most gorgeous ones I've seen!! I love how they sparkle and shimmer!! The backgrounds are fabulous!! I absolutely love, love these - they're dreamy and magical and beautiful!! Thank you so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant and breathtaking Suzz! I totally adore the gold and white combo! Really out of the box and inspiring! Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But Cute! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are both absolutely stunning! It's an underwater magic with such an amazing combination of gold and white! Your sea horses are simply fantastic and I adore the way how you created your sandy bottom with all those tiny sea shells! Brilliant pieces of art!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous projects, I love the golden tones with all the glorious textures. The seahorses are wonderful, as is the sandy base and seaweed. I think that covers the whole lot of adjectives I could use for your fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Sue, I just want to go and emulate that brilliantly amazing sea horse, he's the most beautiful one I have ever seen. Its one of those moments when I hear myself say "why didn't I think of that?". Love your designs using him too, you are so talented xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words fail me! This is one of the most gorgeous cards I've ever seen. You were truly inspired when you made those golden seahorses. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is amazing - absolutely love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Suzz......stunning, exquisite and unique looking projects. Love them. Thanks for joining in the challenge at A Vintage Journey and Good Luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Wow, WOW! Suzz, these two beautiful works of art truly take my breath away! Your golden seahorses are show stoppers, and the sea floor and backgrounds on the canvas and cards are so inspiring! Beautiful canvas and a jaw dropping color palette! Thank you for sharing these projects with us at Anything But Cute for our Summertime Fun Challenge. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous! Suzz love how you've steered away from the obvious sea related colours and worked in gold instead. Your seahorse does indeed look splendiferous and you have placed him in 2 wonderful settings for sure .
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful use of glittery, shimmering products to make these gorgeous seahorses! My favourite has to be your first card which just allows that seahorse to be the star of the show. He/she needs the beautiful words, the seaweed and the sprinkling of 'sand' to work so well though. Such a clever idea!Thank you so much for joining in our Monochromatic Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a magical seahorse. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is stunning. Your card is beautiful,and I don't have words to describe your seahorse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great and magical card!!!
    Saw it coming by on Pinterest and just wanted to tell you this.
    Beautiful! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  18. love love love this card. If you're still reading your posts, I'd be so happy if you'd share who makes the sea horse and the sentiment images you used. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love love love this card. If you're still reading your posts, I'd be so happy if you'd share who makes the sea horse and the sentiment images you used. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!