Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Mostly Neutral

 Welcome back!  Today we start a new challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  The challenge is hosted by the fabulous Sara Emily and she has challenged us with "Mostly Neutral".  Here is how she describes the challenge: 

"For this challenge, I would like you to use mainly neutrals, but I will allow you one accent color or use of metallic accents. Let's see how you use beige, ivory, taupe, brown, black, gray or shades of white or any combination of these to make any vintage/shabby chic project you would like."

 I decided to go old school and do a flowery scene with my favorite butterflies.  

I love shades of grey, black and white and this allowed me to mix a variety of stamps, stencils and embossing glazes with various shades of black.

I loved the effect so much I created a second card.  (Although this one doesn't qualify because I added a hint of color around my embossed flowers)

This had me thinking about the all white cards I used to make and I decided to dig through all my die cut scraps and put together a card.

I forgot how fun it could be to assemble an all white card just using white die cuts.  This took me probably 10 minutes to sort through bits and pieces and assemble.

I love how it turned out and am thinking about how I can pull together a few more cards using my leftover scraps.


Please come show us your neutrals! The overall winner will  receive a $25 gift certificate to go on a spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. And the winner, along with our top three picks from the remaining entries will receive badges to display on their blogs in recognition of their outstanding contributions.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz 

Products: 

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are just gorgeous! I love the way the one with a touch of pink works so well! Pretty layering on the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your all white card, as well as the black and white. There is a certain striking calmness about them that speaks to our times. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, all of your cards are stunning! You amaze me with your ability to pull together your scraps/leftovers and create such amazing and elegant works of art! Love that white on white on white card--so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fabulous but I must say the black, white and grey one is my favourite. The one with the hint of colour reminds me of the colourizing that people have done to old photos.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. The delicacy of the flowers, stencilling and butterflies in your first card and the clever combination of die cuts in the second show just how fantastic neutral cards can look when made by you Suzz. You totally nail the balance of design with the neutral theme xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!