Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Anything Goes

 Time for an Anything Goes challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  Here is how Jenny describes the challenge: 

"We are going with an 'Anything Goes' theme for the following two weeks and are looking forward to seeing your vintage/shabby chic projects."

I am rather enamored with my new Eileen Hull Sizzix Mandala die and have been playing with the die cuts and the masked version of the die.

I started with using a cut out Mandala as a mask and sponging a soft distress oxide ink over the surface to leave a faint pattern. 

I then cut the sponged background into a tag shape. I layered the tag onto a cardstock tag base and sponged around the edges with the same ink.

I die cut flowers from white cardstock.  I Stamped script on the flowers and embossed with clear embossing powder. 

The background received a  splattering of shimmery spray ink all over to give it beautiful water spots. 

Please play along and share your art!   The overall winner will  receive a $25 gift certificate to go on a spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. And the winner, along with our top three picks from the remaining entries will receive badges to display on their blogs in recognition of their outstanding contributions.

Thanks for stopping by!

 Suzz

Products: 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag! I love all the layers and details, and especially love the subtle embossed script on the flowers. I will have to give that technique a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate tag this is, in colour and design. Those little buttons add a touch of elegance to those delightful little flowers. It's a good sign when we become obsessed with items in our craft stash, it means they are loved that little bit more. Such a pretty design. Thank you for sharing. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous tag and I love the neutral colour palette. Using the mandela as a mask is so effective and I love the big wildflowers.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!