Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Festive Fun

Hi!  Back with some inspiration for the holidays!  The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge team is sharing some inspiration for festive fun. Here is how Jenny describes it: 

"As it gets so busy this time of year we will not be setting a challenge theme or requesting submissions - in it's place the Design Team are sharing some fun festive makes with you. Enjoy!"

I am fascinated with gold embossing powder.  I love the idea of adding a luxury feel with gold embossing powder.  This idea started with gold embossing powder, stars, and stamps.  

This idea led to many stars with many layers of gold embossing powder.  After that I inked up the stamp I wanted to imprint with Versamark watermark ink.  I then heated up the star until the embossing powder was liquid.  Then quickly stamp into the embossing powder. 

After it cools you can pull the stamp out and you will have a beautiful imprint.  I did this multiple times with different stamps and sizes of stars. 

That led to many sizes of stars with a variety of imprints of leafy greens and holly.  Then I needed to pull them together somehow.  Why not a floral pick?  That could be placed in a bunch of flowers or even a poinsettia?

I couldn't get a picture without a flash but you get the idea. :)  It looks beautiful against the vibrant poinsettia flowers.   I can't wait to get a bunch of flowers to mix it in with to put on our holiday table.  

Thanks for stopping by and please pop over to the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog to see all the holiday inspiration from the fabulous design team! 

Happy Holidays! 

Suzz

Products: 


 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea, Suzz! I love the richness of the gold stars against that gorgeous poinsettia! Merry Christmas to your and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!