Friday, September 29, 2023

How Scary is that?

Back for some scary inspiration?  The Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave is focused this time on scary inspiration from the new releases for Halloween!  

The inspiration for me was the spooky skeleton from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz The Obscure stamp set.  His creepy blank stare had me thinking of ways to showcase him on a few cards.

I decided to cut him out and open up the empty places on the skull by cutting them out with detail scissors.  I then folded the image slightly to give it space behind the skull.

Than it was all about the fun inky backgrounds made from the mica stain sprays.  I mixed a variety of colors together and used them on the background of the card and for the feathers.


The feathers were die cut from the backgrounds and then staggered on the headdress.  The headdress was also bowed outwards to give space to overlap on the skull.

The other background was made with the textured fade cracked embossing folder with a mix of mica stain sprays to give the beautiful golden brown background. 

I hope you enjoyed the scare! 

Suzz

Products: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!