Sunday, January 13, 2013

Linen, Lace, and Muslin

I love using lace on my projects and was so happy that Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week is Lace Love.  The challenge inspired me to put together linen, lace and muslin in a journal book.

Here is what I started with in creating my project:

I cut a piece of muslin to fit in the center of my cover.  I painted the surface of the muslin with white acrylic paint to give a surface to stamp on. The edges of the muslin was distressed with a touch of brown dye ink. I stamped the background with text and added a touch of acrylic paint over that surface. I then stamped the quote and bird.  I added a touch of frame on the left side of the panel. 

I stamped the tag on white cardstock using brown ink and cut out.  I sponged the edges with brown dye ink. I then die cut two tags which were distressed and stamped the images on them.  I added twine and buttons to the tags.  I added lace and twine to my folded tag pocket.


I assembled the front of the journal with lace around the background of the muslin. I added two rows of lace under the tag pocket. The tag pocket was attached with a safety pin.

I am looking forward to completing the other pages in my journal.

Products: Artistic Outpost - Birds of a Feather, Artistic Outpost - Bluebird, Artistic Outpost - Quote and Quotables, Artistic Outpost - Songbirds, Memory Box - Distressed Tag Stamp, Memory Box - Distressed Tag DieWhite Twine,  Maya Road - Linen Journal, Maya Road - 5 x 7 Linen Art Journal, Hero Arts - Lace Trim,  Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Coffee,  Watercolor Pencils, Adirondack White Acrylic Paints - Snow Cap, Ranger Distress Ink- Vintage Photo, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz




26 comments:

  1. Positively beautiful! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love how you used the tags with fabric and lace. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that's beautiful Suzz. I do like the effect of painting on the muslin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very arty Suzz. A great project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is just beautiful, Susanne, so love those little tags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Suzanne, I am absolutely in love with this beautiful piece you did!!! Brilliant, gorgeous, awesome...hm...well, no words there to describe it sufficiently. It's just perfect! Sooooo lovely!

    Hugs,

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you would do this challenge justice and what a beauty you created. I absolutely love the images and the small tags. Beautiful interpretation of the challenge Suzz, I love it. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous use of fabric! Love how you combined the fabric and lace with the stamping and tags! Brilliant! I am so looking forward to working with you at AO! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Sue. I especially love the combination of stamped images and delicate colouring. Team that with the pretty lace and those dainty tags and you have a definite winner. I look forward to seeing what you do with the inner pages.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project! Love the background and the stamping is wonderful. The larger and smaller tags add the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Suzz thanksss for sharing such a fabulous project with all of us. Loving the colors and the beautifull images that you have worked with. Wowwzerss Thankssss sweetie for sharing, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Suzanne! I love the texture and neutral color scheme! That stamp set is perfect! The little tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving everything about this. All that lace looks wonderful.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous piece! Love all the little tags ans the stamping you did. Beautiful lace border! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely enchanting, Suzz - the delicate lace works so beautifully with the images, and the quote is perfection!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully colored and put together project! I love the lacy border :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card, that first one is a work of art, that stamp is a MUST have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzz...this is so YOU! I love your vintage style and this is unmistakably your design. Love the muslin background. Love the stamping and the lace embellishments. Love the little tags that hang from the piece. Beautiful! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful use of linen and lace! Love the addition of the cute little pocket!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!