Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dragonflies and Cherry Blossoms

Stampendous  and Dreamweaver are hopping this week.  The hop started Monday and there are so many beautiful projects you will want to go start from the Stampendous blog and take a tour of all the blogs.  There are prizes.... all you have to do is leave comments along the way for an opportunity to win some goodies.

I have to say these two projects I made today make me want to go have them framed as I really love how they turned out.


 I started with canvas panels as the base for my projects.


I painted the center of the panels with a coat of gesso.  After the panel dried I spritzed the backgrounds with a mix of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Americana DecoArt Acrylic Paints.

I let the canvases dry and then applied a coat of white embossing paste with the stencils.  I let these dry.  After they dried I added more paint/mists to give a darker pooling of color around the stenciled areas.  I also used watercolor pencils to add shading to the edges.

On my first project I stamped the flowers over the stencil using brown ink and heat embossed brown embossing powder to add more depth.   I stamped coordinating butterflies which then were cut with the new dies to attach to my canvas.

On the second canvas I stamped letters and words over the background and on my flowers and dragonfly.  I then stamped the sentiment on tissue paper which was misted to the same colors.  I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  I decoupaged the sentiment to the canvas using the DecoArt Decoupage medium. (I love this medium it applies the tissue paper perfectly)

Products:
Stampendous - Beautiful Life, Stacked Art - Royal Heart Kit, Lovely Garden Die Cut, Lovely Garden Stamp Set,   Fuchsia,    Courage Quote,  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Sun Sisters, Black Cherry, Orange, Stonewashed Blue, Americana - Yellow, White, Sienna, Versamark Watermark Ink, Stampendous White Embossing Powder, Bark Embossing Powder, 
  Dreamweaver Stencils - Cherry Blossom - LG644Dragonfly - LS56, Fern MaidenHair LJ846

Hop along to the Stampendous blog to see the beautiful inspiration for the week and hop over to the designers sharing their lovely art today:
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz



37 comments:

  1. great cards ! love the color choice !
    have a nice day
    greetings from belgium
    martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, these cards are amazing! Such beautiful colors and composition - love the Nature theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a calm, comforting combination of technique and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Suzz. The panels look so delicate - amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would frame them both too, Suzz! Wow - gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Sue, frame them for sure! And I love your new header - recognize that hollyhock stamp and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty cards but I have to say I love the butterflies just a wee bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These canvas panels are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love everything you do, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your canvas panels are absolutely stunning! I love them both. You really should get them framed, they're too beautiful not to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! I would frame them if I were you, they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't blame you one bit for wanted to get these framed and hung for all to enjoy! They are both gorgeous and will make any room a happier place to be! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are both beautiful!! Would be so nice framed! Your colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the soft edges to the images - they give these cards a really gentle loveliness.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is certainly worthy of framing. I like them both, but I love the colors on the first one and the stamps you used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work! I'd certainly frame them if they were mine.

    Did you mention which stencils you used. I looked, but didn't see them listed.

    TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is always so gorgeous, the designs and colors are fabulous, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely, you should frame these. Both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely frame these. And thank you for the "how to". I have some canvas that has been sitting around just waiting for the right inspiration, and thanks to you I now have it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looking
    cards and I like
    the embossing on
    them, pretty colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad you had these framed. they are too pretty to put away and not have out on display. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful projects- loving the colors and love the technique with the paste! I think they will look fab framed and on display!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 2 beautiful cards! thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you used canvas for these projects! The colors and design are fabulous. Would love to see these framed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The canvasses are so pretty. I am motivated to try this beautiful art technique. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both canvasses you created. Your creations encompassed several techniques that were very different from the others. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. BOTH canvas panels are DELIGHTFUL => YES, you should have them framed so that you can enjoy these beauties every days!!!
    LOVE the colours, delicate layers and beautiful designs!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are both great... I would frame them! Beautiful colorchoice also!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm going crazy...these are so beautiful! I am borrowing your ideas, ( I hope you don't mind). I've never thought of using canvas panels on my card but I have learned so much from this one post. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both are beautifully done. You should have them framed.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your canvas panels!!! Thanks for your inspiration!!! Love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous, Suzanne!!! Love the yummy colors and subtle details and texture. Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just really love the first card. Beautiful color. Have a good weekend Anneke.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!