Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Beach Treasure

How about a little summer?  The weather has definitely gotten very cool the last couple of days.  I was happy to ink up a pile of seashells and color them. 


I used a touch of embossing powder to make my image pop because this was stamped over a painted background.  I started with neutral colors in the background which I thought would be perfect for the shells.  After I stamped I embossed with brown embossing powder.  I then colored the images with STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.  I used the Darkroom Door new Shells Background Stamp and the words are from the DarkRoom Door Seaside Wordstrips.  I had fun picking out which words to  use on the card.

My final touch was the mixed twine with a poinsettia. Yep... I cut off a few of the poinsettia petals to try to make a starfish. :)   There is a little bit of sand glued around the edges but difficult to see in the photo.

Well I hope I warmed up your day a bit and took you on a little sea-side break.

Toodles!
Suzz

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and so effective? Love your colouring of the shells Sue!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love what you did with those pencils. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!