Thursday, October 23, 2014

Joy


Yeah it is Thursday and we are almost rolling into the weekend. :)  I have to say I think this is my first holiday card for this  year.  I have made some tags but not a card yet. 

I created a whole piece of cardstock using the Darkroom Door Eclectic Snowflake stamp.  I painted it with white acrylic paint and stamped it on the white cardstock. I repeated the process until I had the whole paper covered.  I let that dry. 

I pulled out a mix of Ranger Distress Sprays and started with Iced Spruce.  I didn't like the color so I kept adding in sprays until I got a lovely dark gray background.  After that dried I splattered with the white, blue and silver sprays.  You can't see it in the photo but the silver is gorgeous dew drops in the light.

After that I cut it into multiple pieces to use on cards and this is the first one cut at an angle, distressed around the edges and accented with the Darkroom Door Wordstrips - Yuletide.

Now I have a few more pieces of this lovely background to play with.  Have a wonderful Thursday!


Suzz

2 comments:

  1. How effective the masterboard piece is and I do love the little splatters. The fine cord with the dsinty snowflake charms finishes this lovely card to perfection.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your master boards and how you use the pieces so uniquely . Lovely design, crisp and clean. Love the snowflakes too. Hope you are well. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!