I started with a layer of gesso in the background. I then stamped some words in a vertical pattern using a gray ink. I wanted to add partial bricks so I used the layering stencil with embossing paste to add some areas of distressed brick.
I added the brick with a mix of sprays to add the color over the background. After the brick and color was dry I added the flowers with embossing paste and white gel pen.
I then added the sentiment and the dragonflies.
Sometimes I end up loving a piece of my journal page more than the whole page. I decided to use a portion of the page as my new blog header. I might cut down my page and use a piece of it on a card.