Friday, October 28, 2016

Autumn

Hi!  I am back today with a few different cards using the leftover leaves from my previous projects.  The Anything But Cute Challenge this month is An Autumn Day.  


My first card is a little different take on Autumn because it is being sent to a friend who just shared that she has breast cancer.  I wanted to show my support by making the leaves pink and stamping them with prayers. 

I stamped the leaves with prayers that were painted with white acrylic paint to give a soft resist.  I then sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Bubble Gum. I waited for them to dry and then sponged the edges with Worn Lipstick to deepen the color around the edges.

I stamped the beautiful verse from Our Daily Bread Designs and sprinkled a few silver glitter. 


The next two cards work together.
The first card is the base for my Hero Arts card the other day. I loved how it looked but needed the leaves for another card.  I popped off the leaves and used them on another card.  (Which I didn't take a picture of!)

It left this lovely card base with no focal point.  I thought it would be interesting to die cut three leaves from the tissue base background.  I took out the leaves and inked up the inside of the card with a lovely mix of distress inks which then shine through the openings. I also splattered the same colors on the front of the card.

I then took the leaves that were die cut and created this card:
I stenciled wood grain over the background using a mist and a stencil. I stamped the lovely Verses Rubber Stamp sentiment in the corner. I added a hint of blue ink to the background.  I then stamped the branch and hung my leaves.  The leaves were sponged with orange dye ink to give them color. I also added a hint of shading around the leaves.

Here is the Challenge Photo:
Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz



8 comments:

  1. All three cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Suzz, love them all. Special wishes and prayers for your friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink leaves and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that woodgrain background Suzz! Very pretty use of these dies. We are so thankful that you shared with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okey dokey, where to start? All of these are absolutely beautiful and heartfelt. To use these leaves in such different ways is genius! I can't believe how each card shares A similarity but also stands alone. Stunning and gorgeous designs!

    Please let your friend know that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Your card will be greatly appreciated by her.

    Thank you for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Autumn Day" challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 Gorgeous cards, Suzz! :) I love those dies and what you did with them. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!