Monday, October 31, 2016

Fall Leaves

Hi!  I am thrilled today to share that I am guest designing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge this month. They have a beautiful inspiration board full of beautiful fall colors for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #30


Which had me thinking of autumn colors, leaves and how quickly the weather changes from warm summer to chilly evenings.

I laid down a layer of crackle embossing paste using the beautiful leaves layering stencil from Tim Holtz.  After it dried I ended up laying into some leftover inky spray on my craft mat. I got some beautiful speckling and color absorbed into the crackle.


I then decided to highlight the leaves and added a bit of shadowing with a watercolor pencil.  This helped make the leaves stand out.


It was beautiful as is but I decided a series of vellum butterflies embossed and splattered with the same colors would be the accent to highlight the tag.


Here is the lovely inspiration photo:

For all the details of the challenge and to join in on the fun pop over to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #30.

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Suzz, there is a fantastic ethereal feel to this beautiful tag and I love the butterflies you added to it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say I think this is one of my all time favourites of yours Suzz!!! The colours work so well, the dimension and texture on the leaves is an absolute treat and that touch of stamping just seals the deal on this being a real winner - love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Autumn tag, Suzz! Your crackled leaves and the watercolor-y pools of colors is mouthwatering! Gorgeous! It comes as no surprise MMM would want you as their Guest Designer! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the metallic elements and the crackle. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply beautiful! I'm so glad you are a guest designer this month at MMM. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much lovely texture! Really pretty, and those leaves look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your visit and I must say he has done a wonderful job !!!
    I love how is the texture, the colors and motifs of its TAG ... is fantastic !!
    Thank you very much for the inspiration !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Suzz, another stunner!!! The crackled leaves look so amazing and the way the rusty and brown tones have turned out is brilliant! The vellum butterfly is the perfect finaal touch!! Thanks so much for guesting with us at MMM this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!