My photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  All of our kids have gotten to old to Trick or Treat but not too old to get a card from mom and dad on Halloween.


 I didn't have any idea of what I wanted to create other than a card, but I had plenty of Halloween stamps that I have collected and that had not been inked up yet!  
I laid out all my stamp sets and just started playing. I started with this fun clock from the Hampton Arts Graphic 45 collection and decided to make it into a mini shaker.  I stamped it multiple times on acetate and cardstock.

I cut out the clock and then cut out the center. I used that to draw where I wanted the opening on the front of  card.  I filled it with some rich colored sequins.  That determined the colors I added to the front of the card.

I spent some time masking to get the layered effect of the definition and the owl.

 My next one was inspired by the skull. I wanted to stamp him as my focal point.  I then stamped the newspaper background using rusty hinge and a little spritz of water. 
I wanted the skull to pop a little more so he received some shading with a watercolor pencil and waterbrush.   I still wanted him to pop even more so I drew a rectangle around him with a permanent marker and then added more shading with the watercolor pencil and waterbrush.

I sponged the black on either side as the stamp didn't quite cover the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of cardstock and coordinated the colors to blend in.

Have a spooktacular and safe Halloween!

Suzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!