Wednesday, March 22, 2017

All Folded Up

Welcome back!  It is Frilly and Funkie Time again and the current challenge is hosted by Kathy.  Kathy's Challenge is "You've got to know when to fold em".  She describes the challenge as:

"This challenge is all about using folded paper in a way that goes beyond just folding it in half. Create a vintage or shabby chic project that uses folded paper in a way that elevates the design. You can make a fancy fold card, or add folded embellishments to a card or layout."


At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. The first place winner will be invited to join as a Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!Frilly and Funkie Folded Challenge

I saw a fun fold the other day and have been wanting to try it out, this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to play.
Head over to Splitcoast Stampers where Deb Valder shared her Z pop up card for all the details on how to cut, score and to create the fold.

I was still playing with my Wendy Vecchi goodies this week and used them to create a fun little spring scene.

I used the square grid stencil and a black dye ink to sponge an ombre effect on the bottom of the folder. I also did this on the inside folded pieces.

I stamped the lace trim along the top of the squares.  I then use the flower stencil to create a garden of flowers along the back of the card. I stamped the rose text in the background using a soft gray dye ink.  I splattered black dye ink over the entire surface.

I finished with some little signs created with sentiments popping out of the folds on the inside.


I added a seam binding ribbon died with pink in to match and a pretty heart charm.

Please come join in on the challenge with us and hop over to the blog to see what the DT created!

Suzz




3 comments:

  1. Suzz, I almost made this fancy fold for my challenge piece! That's how much I love it! I'm such a huge fan of the way you use color. This pink, black and white palette is so appealing and very sophisticated. Gorgeous stamping and stenciling, too. Clearly, you know when to fold 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Suzz!!! That's such a clever folded card and you've really done the design justice with your choice of stencilling and stamping. The person who receives this would feel very special indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!