Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Spring

Frilly and Funkie Time!  Nancy is hosting the challenge this time around and it is all about welcoming spring.  Here is how Nancy describes the challenge:

"Our theme this time around is 'Welcome, Spring!' It's fresh, soft breezes and fragrant blossoms have finally arrived. Create any vintage or shabby chic project that welcomes the advent of this glorious season. Think budding trees, birds and nests, butterflies, and beautiful blooms!"

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. The first place winner will be invited to join as a Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

I decided to create a card celebrating the beautiful blooms of spring that are wonderful to capture and put in a simple mason jar on the table. 

I started playing with a mix of the Wendy Vecchi products that were just released.  I was inspired by Wendy's style of cardmaking and tried to emulate the patterns she mixes so beautifully into her designs.


I started with using her squares stencil and layering in a soft shading of antique linen in the background.  I then used the Archival ink to stamp the vintage test through the stencil in various areas to add a little depth. 


I decided to cut that panel out and then stencil the edges of the cardbase  using the leaf green archival ink.  After I finished that and layered the panel on top of the card base I decided I wanted to add that same green to the top and bottom of my panel.  I sponged over my original antique linen with a green row of ink.

I then stamped the mason jar on acetate using Stazon ink.  I colored the backside of the jar with an alcohol marker to give it a hint of blue.

I cut out the mason jar.  I then stamped the flowers and stems a few times and colored them with distress markers and the same ink used on the background.  I cut them out and added a crackle glaze to the flowers.  The flowers got a smattering of glass beads for the center.

I stamped the lovely sentiment in coordinating ink on my background which decided where my flowers and jar were going to be placed.

Thanks for stopping by and please come join us in the challenge on the Frilly and Funkie blog!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. LOVE how you've taken Wendy's style of building backgrounds for this card and that step with the mason jar is genius!!! The blue really makes it so lifelike. Love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful words! Your mason jar looks amazing with the hint of blue - a really charming card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the layers & every detail! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card with a real spring time feel to it! Love those blooms in their vase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the mason jar on acetate. Great idea and then coloring the back with blue to look like water - perfect. It is a great "Welcome Spring" project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Welcome Spring card!! Love the deep greens and lovely lilies in the mason jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is comming... And flowers make everyone happy.
    Your card would fits with our challenge #3 (spring) at Do-Al(l) Kreatives! I like to invite you to play with us.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    Alex' Kreative Seite


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!