Sunday, December 17, 2017

Merry Little Christmas

Hi!  I have been very busy with work and getting ready for the holidays.  I am now taking a few days off and hope to finish up all my tags for Linda The Funkie Junkie's Twelve Tags of Christmas.  Her boutique The Funkie Junkie sponsor's the challenge and there are randomly selected prizes if you follow along with the guidelines provided. 



Today's tag is inspired by Week #11.   I started by stenciling in green on the background to emulate the lovely background on Linda's tag. I also tried to follow Linda's lovely design with a main focal point of the clock.  But then I wandered into my own design. :) 

I misted the background with mowed lawn.  I then added a layer of pattern paper on the top and bottom. Once I did that then the background didn't match so I had to distress it with Antique Linen and some spotting of brown dye ink.

I then found the fun fringe (courtesy of the Funkie Junkie)  and added that as a divider between my background and pattern paper.  I added the fun lasercut clock and layered in the ephemera.

I hope you enjoyed my tag. I will be back with a few more of these before Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful, thta vintag girl is so adorable! Great interpretation of the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and nostalgic! I am loving your vintage girl and the fun fringe.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design Sue! Lovely bright green stenciled background. The vintagec clock die cut is super and the vintage Christmas girl image is an amazin focul point LOVE that you added the fringe too. So sorry to be so slow to get over to say thank you for playing along with the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Suzz! Your background turned out great and i love the layer of fringe. Nice clock and sweet vintage girl! Love the traditional colors, too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!