Saturday, July 12, 2008

Next Up...




The flowers were created using the following steps:
  1. I stamped the flowers using an Adirondack Meadow Dye Ink Pad from Ranger.
  2. I used my waterbrush and my Zig markers to mix the colors and colored the flowers with a hint of color using the red, yellow and orange.
  3. I also stroked some red and yellow and orange from the waterbrush on the background and spritzed it with a water mister and took up the excess water and color with a dry piece of paper towel. I let this dry. (Meaning I walked away and thought about what I wanted to do next. :)
  4. I pulled out my glaze pens and outlined the flowers and stems using orange, red and yellow. While this was drying...
  5. I stippled with a dry brush using the Meadow Adirondack Dye Ink all around the edges of the paper lightening the color towards the flowers.
  6. After all that was done.... I took out my versamark watermark stamp and stamped over the whole square added the clear embossing powder and heated it up. While it was still warm I added another layer of the clear embossing powder and melted that as well.
Whew! What a long explanation... But it was a discovery process for me and I wanted to see what effects I would get with mixing different techniques. I think the picture doesn't reflect how beautiful the glaze look is because it is uneven and gives it a nice texture. The glaze outline also provides a beautiful texture.
Products:
  • Ranger Adirondack Dye Ink Pad - Meadow
  • Penny Black - constellations 3567K
  • A Muse Stamps - 8-8391D A true friend
  • Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
  • VersMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • Glaze Pens - Sakura
  • Basic Grey - Mellow Birch
  • Velvet Ribbon - Unknown

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!