Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Snowy Day

I love the Hero Arts DesignBlock Tree stamp. I think it is a beautiful stamp. I wanted to use it with some of the techniques I had used on my earlier card with an overall glaze.

This is what I ended up with:



I was really pleased with how this picture turned out. I was trying to capture the glitter and I think it actually photagraphed better than the card looks in person. Hee Hee... Maybe this should be sent in an email instead of snail mail.

Here are the steps to create:
1. Begin with a piece of glossy cardstock.

2. Stamp the tree using Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad.

3. Emboss the tree using JudiKins Metallic Copper Embossing Powder.

4. Paint on twinkling H2O's with a water brush. Colors used were Periwinkle, Blue Ice, Passion. Use a lot of water and swirl around. Dab off excess and smear with paper towel.

5. Stamp over the entire picture with Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad.

6. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.

7. While the embossing powder is still hot add another layer of clear embossing powder and heat.

8. While the embossing powder is still hot sprinkle fine glitter (light blue) on the wet embossing powder. (This will get very messy as not all the glitter will stick and the hot air from the heat gun will blow the glitter all over.) I am covered in a fine blue sparkle as I type. :)


9. Finish off the layers with one more layer of clear embossing powder while the picture is still hot.


Other Products:

Penny Black - Celebrate the Wonder

Ribbon - Sweet Treat Ribbon, Michael's

Fiskars 3 - in -1 Corner stamp - Heritage

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. I checked out the entire blog - glad I got started while you had just started. You've shared many great ideas. I love your pieces. I've never put clear embossing powder over an entire stamped image. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're doing it right unless you're covered in glitter when it's over! Yay! Thanks for sharing your fun, messy technique! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. zhzzThanks for sharing your technique, Suzanne! I wonder if you tapped the exess glitter that didn't stick to the hot UTEE off after it cooled...you might be less glittered up! It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!