Sunday, September 14, 2008

Simple Christmas Card

This card was a by-product of my new Ranger distress inks. This distress ink is Tattered Roses. I also used salt on this background. I learned about this technique from Godelieve. http://stampingmathilda.blogspot.com/ She has some great tutorials on using ecoline. (which I have yet to invest in)

Recipe:
  1. Mix 3 to 4 drops of tattered roses distress ink in with 1/4 inch of water in a little mister container. Shake it up. Spritz this on white cardstock. I sprayed multiple times to get a stronger pink.
  2. While the ink is wet on the paper sprinkle salt across the paper. Let this dry. If you want to speed up the process you can use the heat gun to dry it out. After the paper is dry you will want to wipe off the salt. It will stick to the paper a little but be persistent and it will wipe off. Cut the paper to the size desired. (Mine was 6 3/4" x 4 3/4")
  3. The color came out so pretty like a dusty pink rose. I decided to white emboss to keep the look very old-fashioned. Ink the stamp with versamark and make a string of berries across the paper. Do this in two rows on the cut background.
  4. Heat emboss with white opaque embossing powder.
  5. Punch the scallops across the bottom. I used the corner rounder punch with the guide removed.
  6. Versamark the entire surface. Heat emboss with a clear embossing powder.
  7. Add gemstones on the berries.
  8. Line the bottom scallops with pearls. I left these all attached together when I pulled them from the plastic, this made it easier to drape them across the scallops.
  9. Tie the ribbon across the front.
  10. Heat emboss the sentiment on the bottom using light pink embossing powder.

Products:

  • Stampendous White Embossing Powder
  • Joann Fabrics Clear Embossing Powder
  • Penny Black 3244H Winter Berries
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Rangers Distress Ink - Tattered Roses
  • Crystal Stickers - Pearls, Pink Gems
  • Ribbon - Michael's



6 comments:

  1. Oh my! A gorgeous creation! I love the contrast with the green.. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Great technique! Your line of pearls look beautiful too - luckily you wrote about them otherwise I probably would have missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sue, I've been somewhere and you have been very busy. I love this card. The BG technique is just perfect for this. I bet IRL it is even more stunning! The pearls and rhinestones really gie a grat touch of elegance to this. Woooohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salt? And a new Distress color? WOW! So love your card and I am so going to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!