Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shabby Chic...

The Hero Arts Challenge this week
http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/09/15/ribbons-and-lace-and-pearls-oh-my/
is to create a holiday card that is shabby chic.

I created this card first:
and thought it was more country than shabby chic...
I was then inspired to create this:

There wasn't much to this recipe but I will include the products.

Products:

  • Hero Arts DesignBlock Poinsettas & Birds
  • Hero Arts - Merry Christmas
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Birds & Swirls
  • StazOn Solvent Ink - Timber Brown
  • Marvy Uchida - Tag Punch
  • Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch
  • Kaisers - Pearls (I really like their pearls and gems... They tend to go on easier and not lose their glue)
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Ranger Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Paper

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!! So what color is the card stock? Is it a plum? Or brown?

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue!! What is not to like on either card. I love the rich colors of the bottom one and how you accented the poinsettias. That embossed upper with the punched edge is wonderful. The tag is just super with this. Now, the other card is just so bright and lively. It looks Norwegian to me and I just love it and the ribbons. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!