Saturday, September 27, 2008

One More Stamping on Wood...


This was the trial run for the wooden box. The piece of wood comes in the box from Kodomo and is intended for craft use. I took and split it in 1" increments except for the last piece which was a little more than 1". I then used my piercing tool and put holes in the pieces to allow me to connect them with the intent of making a wall hanging. The wire on top should have beads but I those are stored and I didn't pull them out.
Recipe:
  1. Spray the entire wood piece with yellow glimmer mist. Spread and dry with paper towel.
  2. Spray bottom one third with green glimmer mist. Wipe excess off with paper towel.
  3. Spray top one third with teal gimmer mist. Wipe excess off with paper towel.
  4. Wait for the wood to dry. You can use the heat gun to help expedite the process. :)
  5. Ink stamp with purple StazOn Ink. Stamp image on glimmer mist background.
  6. Using white gel pen add highlights and touch-ups on the flowers and stems.
  7. Ink sentiment with purple StazOn Ink. Stamp in upper right hand corner.
  8. Using a rotary cutter cut the stamped background into 1" strips.
  9. Using a piecing tool / sharp tip gently poke holes in the top and bottom of each strip excluding the bottom holes on the bottom piece. (Although it would have been very pretty to string beads on the bottom)
  10. Using colored wire attach each piece to each other. This works much better with a jewelry pliers. (I used my fingers which didn't work so well)
  11. Attach hanging wire across the top. I wrapped the wire around a pencil to give it shape.

Products:

  • Hero Arts DesignBlock Silhouette
  • Hero Arts Clear Design Anytime Messages
  • StaZon Solvent Ink - Royal Purple
  • Uniball Signo - White Gel Pen
  • Ribbon - Unknown
  • Green & Black Craft Wire
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Lemon Zest, Patina, Olive Green


6 comments:

  1. Hey, Suzanne! This is a very creative idea! And so pretty, too. I like how you've used the white pen to bring out highlights. Way to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece! Love your white pen work! It reminds me of the dusting of the snow we had this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is gorgious! I love the colors, and you did an excellent job with the white pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful piece Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting. I like the silouhette design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the vibrant green and that stamp is so very very lovely, :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!