Friday, September 26, 2008

Holiday Gifts....

I usually only stamp on paper to make cards... But this weeks challenge from Hero Arts is holiday gifts. Here is the link to the challenge... http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/09/22/motivation-monday-framed-gifts/

I purchased this wood box: http://www.kodomoinc.com/kimono/index.cfm from Kodomo. I love their stamps and products.

I decided to decorate the box and create matching cards to give as a gift. Here is the box. I will post one of the cards after it is finished. :)



Recipe:

  1. Spray yellow glimmer mist on the entire box and wipe off excess.
  2. Spray green glimmer mist on the bottom and light blue glimmer mist across the top all around the outside of the box.
  3. Let this dry and set something on the wood to help prevent warping. This wood was very thin and warped with the wetness.
  4. Color the flowers with watercolor markers and stamp on the box. I had to stack stamps under the box top for support when stamping.
  5. Stamp the sentiment using StazOn ink.
  6. Versamark the top of the box and heat emboss clear embossing powder on the box.
  7. Attach the butterfly and ribbon.

Products:

  • Blue Moon - Lost Charms
  • Hero Arts Stamps
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Lemon Zest, Patina, Olive Vine
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • StazOn Royal Purple Solvent Ink
  • Ribbon Unknown
  • Crystal Stickers - Gems
  • Hero Arts - Gemstones
  • Zig Watercolor Markers

Thanks for wandering on over... :)

2 comments:

  1. I have never used Glimmer Mist, but it's the perfect product for your box. Soft colors. You box was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Love what you did with the background and that butterfly is stunning. I have a gold one and need to do something like that. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!