Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whew! Been a busy few days....

My plans were to spend Sunday making a few things... Well.... suffice to say I was busy doing Mom type of activities all day. I also owed my middle daughter a journal. After Breanna's I had to create one for each of my daughters and my son is still waiting on his. I also have lost my mojo... :( I still think it isn't back yet.. But I made 3 different things to try to work through it. This is the last one I made. The other two are very different and I will post them on Flickr. (If you are interested.)



I'll let you decide....

Recipe:

  1. Ink stamp with Versamark Watermark Ink. Color on the stamp with watercolor markers ontop of the versamark ink. Color with the lightest color markers first and work to the darkest color. The versamark may impact the amount of color that is being applied so rotate the tip of the marker to apply using multiple sides. After you have colored all the flowers & birds stamp on white cardstock.
  2. Heat emboss stamped image with clear detail embossing powder.
  3. Using a sponge dauber ink the dauber with light green dye ink and rub on in a circular motion all across the card. Re-ink as needed.
  4. Versamark the entire green background and image and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
  5. Cut and mount stamped image and background on purple cardstock.
  6. Attach Lace Fringe to the background/stamped image.
  7. Stamp background on vellum using versamark watermark ink.
  8. Heat emboss with light purple embossing powder.
  9. Create lace edge using border punch.
  10. Mount everything to the card and tie ribbon around the top.

Products:

  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Hero Arts - F5031 Flower and Leaf Branch
  • Hero Arts - K4892 Cardart Decorative Birds
  • Stampendous - Stamp N Stuff Detail Clear Embossing Powder
  • JoAnn's Crafts - Pastel Lilac Embossing Powder
  • JoAnn's Fringe Ribbon
  • Martha Stewart Border Punch
  • Michael's Ribbon
  • Zig Watercolor Markers
  • Adirondack Brights Citrus

7 comments:

  1. Cool colors!! And your ribbon is so nice and rich!
    Now, what about the journals? Do we get to see those as well?

    I so understand the mommy duties....
    And the lack of mojo!
    But yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the card is glorious as always. Love the way you explain your techniques for your images too! I think we have the same mojo problem. If you work yours out, let me know the secret! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so positively stunning! Such fab work with a rubber stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the journals looked all alike and not as creative as I would have liked them to be... Maybe I will take a group shot so that when you look at the sister journals they will look better as a group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Suzanne! Wow! Make one journal and then everybody wants one, eh? I think that's nice. Sorry you feel like you've lost your mojo. Here's hoping it comes back soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the colors on your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!