Sunday, September 27, 2009

Caardvarks Challenge Sketch - Saturday

Wow... what a week of sketches. This has been good for me as a challenge... Using sketches every day is different for me as I usually go where the paper, stamp, inks take me...
Here is the final sketch for the Caardvarks Sketch Challenge: http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/

and here is my card:
Unusual for me because the main image is not stamped. It is this absolutely gorgeous vellum paper with a printed pattern from Kodomo Inc. called Peony Collage. Here is what it looks like unfortunately you can't see the sheer translucence in the picture. I usually don't buy too much pattern paper but this was a special sheet and I have been hoarding it and decided to pull it out and cut out the main peony.

I then tried to recreate it on the background by stamping my Flourishes Poppy stamps randomly across the background with an overlay of the Hero Arts Kanji Poem stamp. I slightly colored the edges and stems to emulate the vellum patterned paper colors.
I have colored my pearls before using sharpies and alcohol inks. I decided to try the Copics on the pearls to make the yellow seeds on my poppies. I was really pleased. The color with the Sharpies or the Alcohol inks was never consistent or the right shade. The Copics went on smoothly and provided a lovely color.
Products:
  • Kodomo Inc. - Peony Collage
  • Hero Arts - Kanji Poem
  • Flourishes - Poppy Patch
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Shabby Shutter
  • StaZon - Dove Grey
  • Watercolor Pencils
  • Ribbon, Pearls - Unknown
Thanks for stopping by... Have a blessed Sunday
Suzz







10 comments:

  1. Good morning gorgeous! Love your lovely card.. You sure rocked the challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my did you ever create some beautiful background paper Sue... you work wonders! Surely that poppy stamp is not from Hero Arts?? Never seen it but I like it! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see.... just had another read... the poem is Hero Arts and you stamped with the flourish poppy over the top.... where is the poppy from then??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dreamy card!! Love your pattern pp and I can see why you had to use it! Gorgeous in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza ... love how you spotlighted that gorgeous flower in your sketch design. Thanks for joining the SketchFest fun at Caardvarks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang on a second: are you saying the background is STAMPED?!?!??!!! holy flippin' macaroni (you should excuse the expression, but this is how we new jersians express our artistic admiration!) i solemnly SWEAR to you that i thought it was a coordinating paper to the main peony vellum from which you cut your focal flower...and even then, i thought it was a beautiful and amazing card! i doff my crafty chapeau to you, missus, once again you have rocked my world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es de lo mas creativo Suz, solo las grandes del scrap tienen esas ideas, me encanta y la tendré en cuenta para algún dia, precioso trabajo y gran lección. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is soft, elegant and absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fantastic job with creating your background!! Love peonies, this card is so beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!