Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sydney

How about a trip to Sydney Australia?  I created a mini book using the newest images from DarkRoom Door.  To see the new release that Rachel just announced check it out here on the  DarkRoom Door blog.

I decided to play with the new Sydney collection of Photochips, Montage, Filmstrips and Wordstrips along with a beautiful chipboard book I received as a gift.

The images are striking photos of different focal points of Sydney. 
The chipboard was painted with white acrylic paint as a base coat.  I added a layer of  glimmer mists and Dylusions inks randomly across the background.  I cut out the photos and distressed the edges and added highlights to the photos with Copics. I love the effect of the Copic on the image as it adds a slight tint.

The next image made me smile:
I added the color to the face with the Copics and decided to add a touch of carnival fun with the dice from the Fun & Games set.   

My last page uses a stamped background using the Journey Word Block Stamp.
I stamped the same background onto white cardstock to layer behind the beautiful image of the bridge and the skyline.  I pulled the word travel from the wordstrips.

Bottlecap, Chipboard Book

Have a blessed Sunday!

Suzz



12 comments:

  1. fabulous Sue. the film strip edging is a great way to accent your work and what a great shaped book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this. Right down to the cool shape. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend my crafty friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece Suzz, you have showcased the images beautifully. I love the tints of colour on the images from the Copics. Beautiful. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! SO love this!!!!

    Hugs,

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! You have got talent all the way to your toes. Your work is amazing. I am so excited that I have found your blog and I'm putting you on my front page blog-list :)
    I am your newest follower, and would love to invite you over to follow me back . . . I am currently having a Give-Away and today is the last day to get your name in :)
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through blogging.
    You are inspiring me to branch out and try new things in paper crafting, thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Follower # 672, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project! Love your little book with all the textures and elements, and of course the Sydney images from Darkroom Door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I love how you've used the Sydney products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good, love how you have used the photochips and added a touch of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are so creative when it comes to making these mini books. Love seeing all you create!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible Suzz. Love the colour scheme with the greys and blues. My parents lived in Sydney for a while so I've visited a few times. Great use of the chipboard book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with this beauty! Your blog is chock full of eye candy, Suzz. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!