Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Artistic Outpost - Feb 2013 Release

I am excited to share the new release from Artistic OutpostPaperboy is the newest plate from Artistic Outpost.  The plate has the sweetest images of "newsies", the paper boys selling papers on the corners of the city streets. Also included are a newsprint collage, a megaphone for announcing the latest and greatest, and sentiments professing that "you are the hero in your own story".

I created a series of wall hangings using a series of chipboard coasters:
I started with stamping the paper boy image onto newspaper and coloring him with watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. I tore the edges and added distress ink around the edges.

The background was painted white and stamped over with the background stamp using a blue ink. I added a few banners from the Country Life plate.  The muslin was stamped with the script from Secretary Pool

The second project uses the girls from the PaperBoy plate:
I kept singing the songs from Annie as these girls reminded me of the girls in the orphanage with Annie.  I placed them in front of the cityscape and added the sentiment from Kudzu Kafe.

The last image made me think of some of the big news days from different eras:
I used the images from the Hero plate for the backdrop behind the newspaper boy.  I added the rustic stars an the word Hero.

To see all the DT wonderful inspiration hop along to each of their blogs:


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Love your coaster collection - really cool showcase for these great images - the girls are brilliant with that sentiment!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabu,ous hangings Suzz, the colouring is fantastic as are the layouts/design. Love how you stamped Paperboy onto newspaper and the third hanging with the HERO text is a fabulous idea . Love all of them. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All fab!!!! Can't choose a fav but you have really shown these off to their full! I think I need these goodiesNOW. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful hangings! Love the designs and how you combined stamps to create such great stories! Fabulous coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius GF! Love the hangings, but the flag behind the paperboy is enuf to bring me to tears, luv it and luv you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of these wall hangings are gorgeous, I love the 2nd one with the little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous! Each one displays the stamps beautifully and uniquely. I love them all but the three girls is my favorite!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tiny wall hangings are absolutely sensational! What a super approach to showcase these awesome images! Each one has such clever design elements to it and I agree with Alison that using the sentiment for Kudzu Kafe with the girls was totally brilliant. Love the HERO theme on the third one too!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne, I was looking at this stamp . . . it is great to see a project done using it.
    "You Rock"
    Have a great day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wall hangings using the new Paperboy collection! The additions of other AO sets, work wonderfully with the new images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding Suzanne! Each canvas is perfect! You've captured the essence of the images perfectly! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous series Sue. I love them all but the middle one is my absolute favourite. I love the way it really looks as though the girls are standing in the foreground of the city street.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. another awesome project with the Artistic Outpost plates. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing. I love what you did with those images my crafty friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all fabulous.......a unique way of using each stamp. Love each one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!