Saturday, February 2, 2013

Steampunk Love

Tim posted his lovely Valentine inspired  February Tag yesterday.  It inspired me to create my own version of his tag:
I started with embossing Coredination's Chocolate Box Cardstock using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Valentine  embossing folder. I sanded off the edges and embossing to expose the pink color underneath.  I used this to top the bottom and top of my tag.

I then had to create a coordinating background using Tim's spritz method.  I didn't have any distress stains that matched the color of my cardstock. Instead I pulled out my re-inkers and water spritzer and used them to create a pink background.  I then spied the gold paint dabber and decided to edge everything out in gold.  That had me pulling out the Stampendous Micro-glitter Gold and ended up all glittery and gold along with the browns and pinks. :)

The main image on my card took the longest time to find. I couldn't think of what to use as I didn't have the Queen of Hearts image.  I ended up getting inspired by a beautiful set from Chocolate Baroque called Punky Romance.  It had the perfect heart image.  I stamped it with brown ink on a pink background. I edged it out with the gold paint and added the glitter again.

I wanted to add the touch of twine to my tag to add texture. I ended up taking ivory twine and painting it with the gold paint. I loved how it ended up drying with the crinkles as I scrunched it up while it was wet. It added a fun texture. 

I used the seasonal stickers from Tim for the sentiment which also received the Midas touch.  Tim did the lovely detail of the tissue tape as the ribbon and I just added a hint of the gold paint.

Another Valentine's project off my list. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Suzz

25 comments:

  1. Wow- this is another gorgeous piece. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on Tim's tag. Love the color and the wings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the gold! It's regal, funky and Distressed all at the same time!! Great take on Tim's tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful - that set of stamps is a great favourite of mine and I love the way you've made this tag which I'm sure looks even better for real with the gold, pink and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This color is luscious! I always love your take on Tim's tag - this one is seriously to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The steampunk heart is glorious - love the gilding... and that fabulous topping of music ribbon and twine!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmm Pink! I love this tag! Every detail. So creatively talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combination of the hearts and gears. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a beautiful pink tag you've made!

    greetings Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gorgeous work right here, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is gorgeous! beautiful colors! i pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh lovely Sue, great combination of techniques and products.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Especially the gears over lapping between the wings...great take on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks amazing my friend. Such yummy color.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This tag is fantastic! What a great inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag Suzanne! Love all the golden shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool, Suzz! I love your original TH inspired tag. Your color scheme and Steampunk heart are amazing. I just finished mine, but will not be posting it until Wednesday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great tag Suzz. I love the steampunk look done in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag! I love the steampunk take on it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All I can say is WoW! It is so stunning and I love it!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Love the steam punk imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pink and gold - really fun tag! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!