Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Masculine Cards

I used to struggle with masculine cards but they don't scare me as much as before... I am now more afraid to create teenager cards. :)  Today I am sharing a card I created for the Anything but Cute challenge "Make it Masculine"

 The inspiration for my card all started with this new Stitched Frame from Darkroom Door.  I had a vision of it laying at an angle over a handsome gentleman with some flotsam and jetsam floating in the background. (loved those names for Ursala's sidekick in The Little Mermaid!)
 
 

I decided to create a mini plaid background with a stripes stamp stamped in two directions. I repeated this twice with blue ink. I added a bit of tissue tape and some splatters of mists.

I stamped the main image and cut it out. The frame was stamped and cut out and distress all around.  They were pop dotted and attached to the background. I then spent some time stringing the twine behind the picture and frame.  The button fell onto the floor so I picked it up and popped it onto my card.  I love the random feel to my masculine card in contrast to my graphic design yesterday. It makes me happy to switch around in the styles of my cards.  

Products: Darkroom Door - Stitched Frame, Dashing Gents, Weathered Stripes, Ranger Archival Ink - Cornflower, STAEDTLER watercolor pencils, Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist, Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Faded Jeans, Idea-Ology Tissue Tape

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. I love this Suzz, very stylish masculine card. Love the shadow of blue around the gent too. Fantastic piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the stitched frame and fabulous design - a great masculine card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fantastic Suzz!! I feel the same way you used to, I shy away from masculine cards, I feel I can never to justice to the theme. You most certainly nailed it with this one! I love the angled frame and how the sentiment runs up the side of it, very clever. It\s gorgeous and handsome at the same time! Love it!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Make It Masculine' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Love the blue around the gent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Love the blue around the gent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Love the blue around the gent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing design and that stitched stamp frame makes the gent really become the focal point. I know what you mean about doing masculine cards but you more than proved you can do a stupendous job! Wowzers!

    Thanks for joining in our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzz, it looks like you have become perfectly comfortable with masculine cards! But I'm so with you on those teenager cards...especially the teen boy! This card is just a fabulous work of art! I love your colors, those images!!! and this fantabulous composition! You hit it out of the ball park for me with this Masculine piece! Thank you for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous masculine card. I love the black and white colour scheme and the stitched frame sets off that dapper vintage gentleman beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous artsy card ! Suzz Love it . Love how you've highlighted the gent with blue . YOur random composition works perfectly n really caught my eye .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! The tilted frame is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic masculine card!!! Thank you for joining us at Anything But Cute Make it Masculine challenge!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!