Saturday, June 11, 2016

Bee Happy!

Hi!  I have been busy re-working my craft area. In my constant attempt to keep everything organized I am in a bit of a re-org.  I recently received a few new holders for my inks and paints and that has caused me to re-think everything in the craft space.  I cleaned off my desk finally and had a go at a few challenges.


 I am not sure if I like the face in the metal embellishment but the bee needed something and I thought this was an interesting take. :)

The Anything But Cute Challenge is the Birds and the Bees and when I was cleaning up my scraps I realized I had the layered bee and hadn't used it in awhile.  So out came some scraps and the bee die to try to use up some scraps as well as play with the bee.


I also decided to pair this up with A Vintage Journey which is texture or embossing paste this month as with the embossed background and bee I have loads of texture.

I won't cover all the details but a lot of antique linen, ground espresso, Victorian velvet and gold went into the background and bee.

The challenge photo for Anything But Cute:

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


16 comments:

  1. Well I enjoy the original take with the face on the bee. Fantabulous layers and the sentiment on the body is fantabulous! Such an original concept and it turned out beautifully! Awesome sauce texture on the background as well.

    Thanks for joining us At Anything But Cute for our "The Birds and The Bees" challenge! Hugz ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, and such a clever idea, love how you put this together! That bee has never looked that good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make, Suzz! I love your textured background and that bee is beautiful with her framed portrait. The top of the frame and the ribbon remind me of antenna. Really imaginative! Thank you for joining our Birds and the Bees challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous make, Suzz! I love your textured background and that bee is beautiful with her framed portrait. The top of the frame and the ribbon remind me of antenna. Really imaginative! Thank you for joining our Birds and the Bees challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your unique Bee, Susan, with that framed portrait! Very creative idea! Your textured background is awesome and you have managed to achieve such a wonderful dimension! It's beautiful! Thank you so much for joining in our The Birds and The Bees challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Suzz, This looks fantastic! Don't have any doubts on that score, could you tell me if the background was from an embossing folder or a paper line - I was thinking it could be made into a door with the key for a twenty-first card! Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne: Thank you! I too thought it looked like a door with the keys. This is an embossing folder from Sizzix in a 2PK of Texture Fades called Wood Plank.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for getting back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool design, Suzz! Thanks so much for sharing this inspirational project with us at Anything But Cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great colors and layerings on your human face bee Suzz! Wonderful wood grain background too! thanks for joining us in the AVJ Texture challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic. I adore the pocket watch placing. An inspiring piece. Thanks Suzz for joining in A Vintage Journey Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the face in the metal embellishment. So cleaver. The entire thing is fab. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow a super creative project. Thanks for joining in the challenge at AVJ and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the human face on the bee! Gorgeous texture and colours - one of those pieces you want to pick up and stroke.Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia S-W

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!