Saturday, June 25, 2016

Coloring Outside the Lines

Do you ever feel like you have created something before?  This card is definitely a repeat or similar to something I did before. :)  I started with an idea I wanted to try with stamping the outline flowers but only coloring outside the lines.

 So what happened?  I couldn't take it.. It was too plain...
I ended up adding the colors in the lines and the lovely sentiment to pop in the corner.  I probably will try again but maybe masking the flowers so I can sponge on a really dark color around the flowers and see if I can make it flower outside the flowers more strongly.

Products:  Stampers Anonymous - Flower Gardens, Yvonne Blair - Impression Obsession, STAEDTLER watercolor pencils, Ranger Distress Inks

I hope you are having wonderful weekend!

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. If you pre-wet the background only with clear water (avoiding the flowers) and let the water soak in until the shine is gone, then you can paint a nice dark (juicy) background (even changing colors) that will blend nicely. The watercolor will resist the dry paper, leaving your flowers intact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it is not what you intended, it is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my mottoes is we learn from our mistakes as well as our successes but like you I will carry on adding until I am happy with something and this is fabulous Sue, you did a great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this grew from one idea to another, with stunning results, - you always have to keep going until you are happy I think, and I am glad you did with this one... Fantastic sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it turned out!! The flowers are very dreamy indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely stunning card, Suzz!! The flowers are lovely and the color palette is so pretty. I love the way the coloring turned out!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!