Saturday, October 10, 2015

Adventure

Hi!  I have been working on this journal page off and on today. I work on it and walk away and come back to it.  I started with the cool colors from the Words & Paintery September Challenge and the Vintage Journey - Art Journalling with Tim.   I was inspired to use Tim's stencil in the background using his technique of painting.


 I probably should have waited to photograph until the morning but I wanted to post it up tonight.  The blues are much stronger I just lightened the photo so much it makes it look much lighter in color.


 I started with painting white paint over the Layering Stencil.  I had to wait for that to dry and after it did I then spritzed the orange and blue stain sprays and let them drip down the page. I repeated a few times to get the areas covered that I wanted.

 Then I stamped the compass and  heat embossed with black ink to make it pop. I added a touch of watercolor pencils. 
The handsome gent and boat were stamped on tissue paper and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  I then used the fast finish decoupage to apply the images to my journal page.  That way you can get a clean image with the background seeping through.


Well that is my project for today.  I have a bunch of other half finished projects on my desk from today's explorations I will have to see if I can get something finished with one of them tomorrow!


Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Thanks for playing along at W&P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those textured words coming through the colours - and I love the composition of the images and great use of white space. A fantastic page. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous Suzz - wonderfully eye catching with those gorgeous colours and the textured words. I love white space on a journal page and you really have used it to perfection. Such a great design too and use of those fabulous stamps. Thank you for joining us a A Vintage Journey for our Art Journalling challenge. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous page! love the color drippings and the stamps you chose! thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey challenge Suzz! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolute total artistry!!! LOVE this Suzz - thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!