Monday, October 26, 2015

Back In Time

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week the challenge is a throwback challenge.  YOU get to pick which challenge that we have had previously and play along.  I had fun scrolling through the previous challenges and ended up picking the W is for White challenge 
 there is just something about cards that are mainly white that I love with their layers of texture and beautiful design. 




I have to admit not only was I inspired by the white challenge but Emma has inspired me with her lovely art using Tim Holtz's Runway stamps.  I decided to create a wedding card using the runway stamp as my bride.

I used a layering stencil and multiple stamped images to create a shimmery pattern on the dress and matched it in the background of the card.


I used white embossing paste with the stencils to create the texture and the sentiment and then sprinkled it with a fine crystal glitter. I layered the vellum, doily and coated the white twine with ultra-fine glitter.

I found a few crystal gems in a flourish and cut them out to use as accent pieces on the front.

Products: Tim Holtz Runway stamps     Tim Holtz's  Doily Layering Stencil  Wendy Vecchi's White Embossing Paste.   Stampendous Crystal Glitter, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Valentine, Gems, BO Bunny Doily, White Cardstock, Glue Pen, Ranger Archival - Black, Watering Can, White Twine, Vellum

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

So now it's YOUR turn, come play along and show us your stamp and punch combination. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Suzz

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Instagram



15 comments:

  1. Elegant and gorgeous! I love how you put the little jeweled touch at her waist and by the word adore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you added the texture to the dress! So beautiful and classy!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the all white theme, absolutely stunning!

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bridal card and great challenge choice. I remember the white theme and it was one of my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is simply gorgeous! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is just something about white on white! It seems hard to achieve, but looks gorgeous. Your piece is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the dress! Such a lovely, amazing texture - looks just like beautiful fabric! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous creation! Suzz. The dress is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work Suzz! Total white is so sophisticated! Wonderful! Barbarayaya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, SO beautiful and I love how you've interpreted the challenge with this sophisticated, elegant piece of art! Stunning work, Suzz... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Sue!! Love all the white and all the textures, such as on her gorgeous dress. Wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, Suzz! Love the run way girl and all the white with the modeling paste. So pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so brave! The all-white challenge scared the tar out of me! But wow- you nailed it and I loved seeing the runway stamp in action. I have this stamp set but haven't utilized it yet, so I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your interpretation. Beautiful and elegant, but still snazzy with style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!