Monday, October 5, 2015

Falling Leaves

 Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week the challenge is autumn.  You can be inspired by all kinds of things including the fall colors, foliage or activities enjoyed during the fall!





 I took my inspiration from the fall leaves.  I have am seriously in love with leaves and trees and they always inspire me to create.  This time I created a journal page with layering of leaves and even tiny vignettes of trees and sentiments about trees built into the leaves.
 In the fall there are times after the rain falls that you will find that the leaves have left a shadow imprint on the concrete.  This effect always fascinates me and makes me want to create something similar.  My attempt to replicate that is to use a bunch of die cut leaves:

Scatter them onto my journal page and spray with fall colors to leave their shadows behind.


Our puppy was even interested in what I was working on. I mixed in orange, yellow, red and a touch of gray / green in the sprays. I had applied gesso on the pages first.


I then traced the outline of the leaves in various areas using my watercolor pencils and sponged in some colors using the reverse mask from where I cut my leaves from.  I stamped some of the trees and sentiments inside the leaves.  I came back with the chicken wire to give the touches in the background.  Finally I took all the dark pattern paper leaves and added them in the background.

Products:  Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Pumice, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, Iced Spruce, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Cargo , Darkroom Door - Chicken Wire, Watercolor Pencil, Water Brush, Art JournalBlack Marker, GessoStampendous Leaf Die Set,   Sizzix Fall Foliage Thinlits, DarkRoom Door  Trees


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

So now it's YOUR turn, come play along and show us what inspires you about Autumn! You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Suzz

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Instagram

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Suzz! I love the colours and the leafy design, so beautiful, and the designs in the leaves themselves are fabulous!
    I learned a new word today too, I never heard of a vignette and had to google it ;-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page, I love the leaves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. There is a lovely sense of movement from those falling leaves.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous album, Suzz! I love the bits of chickenwire in the background :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful page! Love this technique! Gorgeous work and perfect for the season! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Autumn projects. So many unexpected details! The stamped leaves are gorgeous, Suzz. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... the colors and patterns are gorgeous on this page, Suzz. Love your wonderful project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page, Suzz! Love the depth you've created and the colors are amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzz, love how you used the die cuts to make the background, that's brilliant! Gorgeous leaves, and so fun with the pink! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Suzz ~ this page is just gorgeous! I love the dimension you've created with your shading and the whole layout is so beautiful! I love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Sue and what a great technique with the shading and all those various leaves. I was just outside taking some photos of leaves and we collected a whole bunch of pretty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever to use the positive and negative images of those leaves! And I also loved how you added some additional images to the leaves themselves. You stamped a tree on a leaf and that is such a creative idea that takes the Autumn theme to a new level! You are always innovative and I love to see your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!