Friday, October 23, 2015

Plaid and Poinsettia

Hi!  Happy Friday!  I have been making poinsettias because of Linda's (The Funkie Junkie) latest 12 tags of Christmas.  This week she has a lovely plaid tag with a pretty poinsettia as a focal point. 


 I don't make flowers often as they are hard for me to put together.  I looked at the video on how to create the poinsettia's as a reminder before I started.  I loved that I was able to use up some really old pattern paper and loved how my poinsettia's turned out. 

I actually created two plaid backgrounds and saved one for a future tag. The first one was in a more orange red and lime green.  I was going to use that as my background but ended up cutting my flowers from more traditional colors.  Only after I finished this plaid it was too close in colors to my other poinsettia and it didn't pop.  So I created my ivory colored poinsettia to really pop on the plaid.

I then added Stampendous Encrusted Embossing mixture which is so pretty as it is a combination of embossing powder, glitter and mica flakes.  It really doesn't show up on the picture but it adds a lovely shimmer and snowy effect.

I then just added a simple twine bow and stamped the word Joy on coordinating paper.

The challenge is hosted by Linda's boutique The Funkie Junkie Boutique and her fabulous tag is here

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. The poinsettia looks fantastic!! Well done you creating it (I totally struggle with flowers too). It looks brilliant made with those papers and the background to the tag is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag! And your poinsettia is wonderful. Very Christmasy (word?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning poinsettia, the colour is perfect and really pops against your fantastic plaid backdrop. Gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take of fourth Christmas tag!! Love the poinsettia, what a beautiful colour on that background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your poinsettia turned out, Sue! The subtle pattern in the paper and the way you have inked the edges make it absolutely perfect. And isn't it fun creating the plaid with the strips stencil? I could easily get hooked on that! Your tag is lovely and I thank you for playing along with me again for Week #4.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!