Monday, October 19, 2015

Monster

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week the challenge is the Monster Mash! 

With Halloween coming up quickly now is the time to get your monster on and create something inspired by monsters. Scary, cute, creepy or just plain fun any monster inspiration is welcome.

I love these little guys from the Valentine set from Simon Says Stamp and I decided to translate them into a Halloween Scene.


I started with a scrap of cardstock with a touch of color burst powders leftover form another project.  I thought it looked a bit like graffiti so I pulled out the brick stencil to add a brick wall to my tag.

I then colored in my adorable monsters:

I decided to stamp them twice to cut out there eyes and pop them up so they really were pronounced.  Poe's eyes were replaced with a second set of Allan's which happened by accident when they got jumbled up on my desk.  I decided I liked how they looked and made her a set of Allan's eyes to give her a more frighted look.  She also got a top hat leftover from another project which I thought looked cute on her. :)

Next I needed something to make my little monsters looking scared.  Off to pinterest I went looking for inspiration on shadows that would make someone scared.

I sketched an outline with pencil and after I was happy I colored him in with watercolor first and then pigment marker.  His eyes are watercolor pencil with a hint of white gel pen. My scene needed a few other touches.

I sponged in the moon with a combination of fossilized amber and spiced marigold.  I then added a stenciled tree with black embossing paste.  When I was out in pinterest looking at monster shadows the quote by Edger Allan Poe was there and I decided it fit perfectly with my tag.

Products:
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

So now it's YOUR turn, come play along and show us your inner monster! You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Suzz

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Instagram



15 comments:

  1. Suzz, those monsters are adorable! Love the saying, it is so perfect! When I first looked at those little monsters, I thought each had their name, until I looked again and read it across - you got me! :) Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!! Love the way you "signed it" :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool tag! I loved seeing the process and hearing the story of how Poe got his eyeballs. :) Such a fun tag, Suzz. I love it to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this cute and awesome tag, Suzz. The monsters are super adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning creation, that black monster is really scary:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant monsters, Suzz ... and a fantastic quote ... such a great tag! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a fan of fitting a quote to work... Very nicely done! I like your spooky guy in the background :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a fan of fitting a quote to work... Very nicely done! I like your spooky guy in the background :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh wow Suzz! Such a cool tag! Love the cute little monsters and the monster you drew is very scary! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post, your monsters are adorable, I love them and your backdrop. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow! Who in the world would convert a Valentines stamp into a Halloween stamp? You are a flippin' genius! And I am so in love with your hand-sketched shadow monster! Wow, wow, wow! I would totally buy that if it was a stamp. And you had me at Edgar Allan Poe! My English major side can barely contain its giddiness when literature is pulled into art! Kudos all the way on this stunning tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these little monsters! Great transformation! They are very spooky now! I love your moon, is so beautiful!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love...LOVE! I adore the names you've given these cute little critters, Suzz and I just LOVE your stunning tag ~ so clever and so original!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this Sue!! From the background, to the fun monsters to that perfect saying, it is fantastic. I had never seen those monster stamps, I got to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you changed up the little monsters for Halloween! And your hand drawn monster shadow is fabulous, I wish that was a stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!