My Photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Anniversary Cards

This morning I decided to clean up my desktop and cut some shapes.  Sometimes when I am lacking in my mojo just cleaning up my desk and putting things away makes me feel like I accomplished something.  I pulled out my big shot and my pile backgrounds and cut away while watching several old murder mysteries.

This card came from a messy piece of gray/black glimmer mist on a piece of cardstock.

 I needed an anniversary card for my SIL & hubby.  I die cut a series of hearts from the scrap.  I cut them and set them aside. 

The design was inspired from the card below. Sometimes I end up with pieces that don't work with the card I am working on and that is what happened with this.  I ended up adding a fine mist of pink glimmer mist.  

When I decided to create my card I actually had another card pieces cut waiting to be used.  I had cut two pieces on an angle to use as a top layer.    I created this card first and used the same effect on the first card.

This uses a new stencil from Memory Box with the Wendy Vecchi Silver Embossing Paste. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Exclusive set called Beautiful Words.

Thanks for stopping by!



  1. Gorgeous Suzz, love the cluster of hearts and wonderful colours. Tracy x

  2. Wonderful card. Love the harts, they look gorgeous.
    Thanks for showing and your inspiration Anneke.

  3. lovely Sue but I top one is just gorgeous.


All comments are appreciated and welcome!