Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bold Watercolor




It's time for Stamptember at Simon Says Stamp! 

 That means lots of fun, stamping, guest designers, techniques and new products!

To kick that off the Simon Says Stamp Monday DT are doing some bold stamping  this week at  Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge.   .I decided to experiment using a soft watercolor stamp to see if I could achieve a bold statement with the soft stamp.

I used a variety of mists, inks, Pan Pastels and stamps to create different effects with the flower.

I used the Pan Pastel applicator and blended a variety of the colors on the stamp and spritzed it with a gold glimmer mist and stamped it.  I the applied the same layer of pan pastels with a touch of mist to the script.  The sentiment was stamped with ink.

This flower was inked up with watercolor markers and spritzed with the same gold mist and stamped. 


This one ended up being my favorite and it is a mix of pan pastels and stamped splatter in the background with ink.

I loved the series of cards and the effect of the pan pastels with a hint of shimmer from the gold mist.

Products: Hero Arts Petals of Beauty  Pan Pastels  Glimmer Spray
 Simon Says Stamp - Friendly Flowers Simon Says - Birthday Sentiments,  Darkroom Door - Eclectic Stamp - Script,  Darkroom Door - Splatter, Glimmer Mist - blue, pink, aqua,  Ranger Distress Inks - Faded Jeans,  Mowed LawnWatercolor Markers, Ranger Tonic Paper Distress Tool

For an opportunity to  win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher come join in on the fun!


Happy Labor Day for my U.S. friends! 

Suzz 
 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving lovely comments. It reminded me that I've not popped over here for an age. Mum's deterioration & Hubby's illhealth, not to mention helping out with grandkids kinda saps my energy so I have difficulty staying awake when I get in front of a screen. Never mind it's early here, OH still in bed & no calls from carers to say Mum's had another fall like yesterday so I'm going to go back and have a good browse trough what I've been missing.

    I'm certainly glad I didn't miss this stunning collection of cards. The stamp you used is beautiful and so many subtle changes to the look. I would never have dreamt of using Pan Pastels on the actual stamp but what a glorious look that is. Absolutely gorgeous!

    I hope all is well with you and your family and that you've had a good summer. I'm off for a look back at your creations now.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - these flower cards are just gorgeous!! Hope you are well and sending lots of blessings your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely, what a variety from one stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all four of your cards are lovely - your fave is mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzz, these are amazing! Love the stamp and the effect you've created! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Suzz and oh what amazing artwork you have produced - fantastic inspiration

    I've just linked mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I love your beautiful soft watercolor effect, Suzz. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous collection of cards Suzanne! Love the various color palettes! So pretty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne...thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. You are so sweet. I am at your blog right now, oogling over your watercolor stamp technique on your cards. They are each so pretty. And then I wandered on down to your last post of the art journal page and again...drooling. I love it! You are so talented girl when it comes to vintage stuff! Love your doily bits collaged throughout the page. It's wonderful! Love the way you've done the sentiment with the black lines around each word. Very effective! I also love the stamped images of the birds, nest and feathers. It's a beautiful, serene piece. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne...thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. You are so sweet. I am at your blog right now, oogling over your watercolor stamp technique on your cards. They are each so pretty. And then I wandered on down to your last post of the art journal page and again...drooling. I love it! You are so talented girl when it comes to vintage stuff! Love your doily bits collaged throughout the page. It's wonderful! Love the way you've done the sentiment with the black lines around each word. Very effective! I also love the stamped images of the birds, nest and feathers. It's a beautiful, serene piece. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue these are absolutely stunning and I adore that flower image . The watercolour technique works so well with this image, very striking. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the different looks you've achieved. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how gorgeous these cards are, especially the last. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun techniques!! I love the look of watercoloring :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all beautiful! I love so much to visit your blog to see the different versions that you can do with the same project! I love this!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful collection of cards. Nicely done! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful and elegant collection of cards which showcase a fabulous technique ~ just wonderful, Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are so pretty! Love the effect you got with these different techniques and media.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are Gorgeous with a capital G! It is always such a treat to see different variations and I loved all of your experiments. Of course I agree with your favorite one, which is stunning. Beautiful technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!