Sunday, August 24, 2014

Love, Dream, Wish

I have to admit I love the feel and look of kraft.  The neutral background spawns all kinds of ideas and this week at  Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge   is witch-kraft.   I happened to have a paper bag sitting on my desk and was inspired to use this as the base for my project this week.


The sweet girl was brand new and sitting on my desk and I ended up stamping her and using her on multiple projects.
A quick coat of white paint to create a backdrop.  I then used up some different scraps to layer on the bag including a leftover misted background with some white paint.  I stamped the image on a pink inspired background.  I stamped her using a kraft inspired ink and added some fun accents.


I even gave her a little bench to sit on with a pen nib. I have to admit I have been using the Simon Says Stamp sequins quite frequently and they are my new obsession.

Stampers Anonymous Winged Things  ,Memory Box Stained Glass die cut,  Tattered Angels ValenciaParty Pink  .       Pink InkRanger Distress Ink - Tea Dye,   Love, Wish, Dream,  Idea-Ology Pen Nibs, Burlap, White Hemp, Pink Flower, Chipboard Button White acrylic paint, Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Chantilly Creme, Metal Numbers

For an opportunity to  win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher come join in on the fun!

Happy Monday!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I think that is the luckiest paper bag in history! You gave it a makeover that is nothing short of incredible. I love all the yummy layers you created and adore the burlap, rose and hemp. The color palette is totally refreshing and I thought it was so clever to have your girl sitting on a pen nib like a swing. Once again, I bow to your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you incorporated the MB die cut on this collage, great textures and colours from the white paint on kraft, burlap and really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful altered paper bag!! Love the pen nib as a little bench and the gorgeous colours and details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool way to UPcycle that kraft bag! I like the mediums you used in this creation :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful bag you created, Suzz. Fabulous colors and texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Suzz! Love the color palette you chose for this Halloween themed gift bag! So very pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Halloween witch. She is adorable, the colors are fantastic, too! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing artistic transformation for that humble paper bag! Gorgeous work. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really drawn to this piece. It's wonderful! The candy colors are so sweet. And I love the textures. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty project Suzanne! Love the altered kraft bag! your image is darling! The burlap trim adds a great touch as does the sweet rose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous colours and textures on this really pretty project and I love how you chose to alter a bag, so creative! This is really beautiful Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful example of altered art! I love the pink little girl! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!