Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby

Howdy!  I can't believe it is Wednesday already. I have been playing around with different projects and struggling a bit with finishing projects.  I wanted to try tape transfers of old photos as I had seen a project that was beautiful using a transferred image.

 I had a few pre-printed photos that I had scanned and copied onto cardstock. I pulled them out and used packing tape to cover them and then rubbed off the back of the paper with baby wipes.  I laid the baby wipes onto the cardstock and let it soak in.  I then rubbed off the cardstock using my finger.

 I had taken a page from a book and cut it to the tag shape.  I painted the surface with a touch of white paint.   After it had dried I placed my baby image onto the painted background.  I stamped the butterflies in blue ink and cut them out and attached them with the little crystals.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out and placed it along the side.

Products: Stampers Anonymous Attic Treasures, DarkRoom Door, Memento Bahama Blue, Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo


Have a great day!

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Suzz, love the image transfer and the delicate butterflies and book page. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. I love the saying on the side of the tag. Thanks for your explanation Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your tag - thanks for describing the technique you used - looks like fun - wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Sue! She reminds me a bit of my sister when she was that age.....lovely way to save these precious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Sue. love the way you've attached the butterflies down the side of the card

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is most adorable.
    Tape transfers are such fun to do, you achieved a wonderful result.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Suzz. a great technique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!