Saturday, March 1, 2014

Voyage

It's March 1st which means time to play along with the March tag from Tim Holtz.

 As you can see I was trying out Tim's smudge technique with the fully inked and the shadow stamped version.

Here is my finished tag:
I went a different route. I loved the birds and nature theme from Tim and can't wait for my new stamps to ship so I can play with them but decided to use a Stampers Anonymous Travel Away set.  I haven't inked up this set and was glad to play with them on my tag. 

I added a hint of color on my images using STAEDTLER karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.

I used Ranger Distress Inks - Fired Brick for the red images and Memento - Jet Black for the black images.  I also used the Visual Artistry The Journey and Stampers Anonymous Classics 1.

Have a lovely Saturday!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. your tag is so cool - neat technique - there are so many out there it challenges the mind! love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tag, you were quick off the mark again this month :-)!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tag is so beautiful! I love it so much.
    Hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamps you used! Lovely tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag.I really like your layout, the use of the studs n the side and your chosen colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous Sue. love your use of the poppers. (press studs!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stamp choices, and the limited colour palette is so effective - fab transport twist on Tim's tags!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag, Suzz! Love the travel theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the stamp set you used. Great tags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tag. The train is certainly on a mission. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!