My photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Voyage

It's March 1st which means time to play along with the March tag from Tim Holtz.

 As you can see I was trying out Tim's smudge technique with the fully inked and the shadow stamped version.

Here is my finished tag:
I went a different route. I loved the birds and nature theme from Tim and can't wait for my new stamps to ship so I can play with them but decided to use a Stampers Anonymous Travel Away set.  I haven't inked up this set and was glad to play with them on my tag. 

I added a hint of color on my images using STAEDTLER karat Aquarell watercolor pencils.

I used Ranger Distress Inks - Fired Brick for the red images and Memento - Jet Black for the black images.  I also used the Visual Artistry The Journey and Stampers Anonymous Classics 1.

Have a lovely Saturday!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. your tag is so cool - neat technique - there are so many out there it challenges the mind! love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tag, you were quick off the mark again this month :-)!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tag is so beautiful! I love it so much.
    Hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamps you used! Lovely tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag.I really like your layout, the use of the studs n the side and your chosen colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous Sue. love your use of the poppers. (press studs!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stamp choices, and the limited colour palette is so effective - fab transport twist on Tim's tags!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag, Suzz! Love the travel theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the stamp set you used. Great tags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tag. The train is certainly on a mission. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!