Sunday, March 23, 2014

Peeking Through

How about a transparent challenge?  This week at  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge   we are showing off projects that are inspired by the idea of transparency.  I decided to play with a series of acetate tags.

My favorite was the tag with a coat of paint which I distressed and creating little windows into a second tag that was hidden behind the acetate tag.



I painted the surface of the acetate tag with a coat of white paper. I then distressed the surface to remove some of the white paint with a baby wipe.  I hen laid the honeycomb stencil over he surface and applied a coat of white embossing paste.  I left the stencil on and spritzed over the embossing paste with a hint of blue glimmer mist.

To add a hint of something underneath the tag I glimmer misted a piece of white cardstock and cut it to the shape of the acetate tag.  I stamped the sentiment on the misted background using brown ink.  I repeated until the surface was covered.

I attached the acetate tag to the cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment on acetate using black StazOn ink. I cut it out and attached it to the surface.

I spritzed tissue paper with glimmer mist to create my flowers.  I folded it like a fan and stapled the bottom together and spread out the top to create a fan effect. I then attached them to the tag with staples.  I gave them stems with brown hemp.

My next tag was a masculine version of the acetate tags:


Then I played with a text background to a flowery tag:


This next tag actually was a backing to an acetate tag and I loved the soft effect of the painted text:


I had fun trying all different kinds of effects using the acetate tags.  If you have any questions on any of the tags you can drop me a line and I will be happy to explain!

Here is the big list of products I used while playing with my tags:
Hero Arts Acetate Tags, Stampers Anonymous - Spring Sprung, Tim Holtz Stencils: Cargo, Honeycomb, Measured,  Memory Box Poppies, Hero Arts - Delicate BlossomsStampers Anonymous Purely Random, Memento Blue Bahama, Fresco Finish - Snowflake Fresco Finish - HaystackStampers Anonymous - Time Travelers, Ranger Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge Dye Ink, Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Maya Road Bottle Cap, Artistic Outpost - Bloom and Grow, Prima Wooden Button, Bingo chip,   Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste, Stampers Anonymous - Reality,  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Marmalade Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist -Patina,      Stampers Anonymous - Words for ThoughtStampers Anonymous -  Journey Text, Stampers Anonymous - Tiny Words

Come play along with us to have an opportunity  to win a   Simon Says Stamp $50 Gift Voucher.
Thanks for stopping by!


Suzz


25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collection of tags Sue! Love the beautiful transparent backgrounds that you created! Each is so unique and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning stunning selection of tags. I adore your transparent element and the tissue flowers on the first tag are so eye catching. You have a wonderful eye for detail. Simply mouth watering. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tags Sue especially the first one with those adorable flowers you created. The backgrounds are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am, of course, loving each and every one of these tags!! But the very first has to be my favorite. SO inspired by the stencil pattern and color combos not to mention the texture and how much depth it has. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am, of course, loving each and every one of these tags!! But the very first has to be my favorite. SO inspired by the stencil pattern and color combos not to mention the texture and how much depth it has. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am, of course, loving each and every one of these tags!! But the very first has to be my favorite. SO inspired by the stencil pattern and color combos not to mention the texture and how much depth it has. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girlfriend! You knocked it out of the park with these beauties! Wow! You are incredibly talented! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh wow, Suzz. Love all the tags you've made! All so different and all so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat tags!! I really love the dimension and pretty colors :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. all these tags are gorgeous, Suzz. Love all the details and textures you created. Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tags. Every tag is special. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you paint with white paper?? :) Gorgeous, as always, I LOVE the first in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, fabulous set of tags and I adore each and every one of them but particularly LOVE the first one...it's just beautiful!! Fantastic work Suzz!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic tags Suzz!!! But I have to say, that first one really sings of Spring-and I'm still waiting for it to feel like spring in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Cow-i-noli! Not only did you create one stunner tag, but you created several! I swear, you are the Queen of Quality and Quantity. And this whole concept of "peeking through" was so inspiring. I love the layers you've created and was so impressed at how all of these tags turned out. Kudos plus a bonus kudos for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this set of tags you've created! I do not know which one to choose, I like them all!! Maybe if I'm forced to choose one, I choose the one with the rabbit! But they are all absolutely spectacular! Great work! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are all so incredible! Love the many details!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzz...this variety of tags you've done using acetate are so cute! I rarely use acetate because I honestly don't understand the uses of it all that much. But, through your tags, you've given me alot of good information on things you can do with acetate. LOVE all of your tags. Each is so different but so your style. I think my favorite is the acetate with the honeycomb stenciling. The background on that one fascinates me and I may just have to give that a go. :) Thanks for always being an inspiration and sharing your techniques and ideas. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing and the excellent inspiration. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Acetate tags are too clever! These are all wonderful Suzanne! Love the flowers on the first one...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tags, Suzz! All of them! I love the textures. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all quite amazing Sue and I love them all but have to say the flowers and stems on the first one are genius.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. These tags are all amazing!! Love all the patterns, textures, colours and the great transparent effect. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!